OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crows and Turkeys

Started by rmh611, February 08, 2012, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmh611

Anyone have success in watching crows to locate turkeys, they can aggrevate a gobbler. Any advice?

gobbler777

I listen for and pay attention when I'm out hunting gobblers knowing that the crows will pester turkeys quite often. If not much is happening I'll head towards the vocal crows and either hear a gobble or broadcast a couple of hen yelps out there to get a gobble. Its happened a few times over my 49 years of hunting them.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

drenalinld

If you don't hear turkeys, it is a great idea to investigate an area with vocal crows. Had success with that many times.

dirt road ninja

Crows are a friend of turkey hunters.

SWAMPFOX

crows love turkeys. have killed a couple by sneaking into heavy crow cawing in pine plantations and get that silent gobbler fired up

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

MY

Crows can turn a sour day into a sweet one.

gob09

never thought of that thanks for shareing that info. fellers

Duke0002

Sometimes you can figure out the direction a group of turkeys are headed, by listening to the crows move through the woods.

Be alert to squirrels and blue jays scolding something.  Just maybe they are alerting you to turkey.

duckaholic25

I have seen crows harrassing turkeys on more than one occasion.

TomSniper

I use a crow call sometimes...best luck with a peacock call..if there's a gobbler around when I blow the peacock call, he'll sound off..
Happy Hunting,
TS
Happy Hunting!
TS

Bamarich

Quote from: rmh611 on February 08, 2012, 12:56:24 PM
Anyone have success in watching crows to locate turkeys, they can aggrevate a gobbler. Any advice?

Yes... especially when the crows are near an established food source.

Mossygoose

Never tried the peacock call. That is a good idea

cahaba

I love crows. They are eyes in the sky and absolutely give away turkeys position. Listen to nature. I like to use a Hawk Screamer after daylight.

XCBlur

Have seen crows pestering turkeys several times.