Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

View through a holographic site and reticles of the Mueller Quick shot

Started by sugarray, February 06, 2011, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

my gun will be done getting drilled and tapped some time this week..... Soo torn on Mueller or Fast Fire
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skeeterbait

These are the reticles on the Tru-Glo version.  I use the 5 moa dot for turkey as it is easy to see but gives good visibility around it.  The circle I find works really well wing shooting.  Think of the circle as the core of your pattern you are throwing.  That way you can visualize your pattern out ahead of the bird and it helps you estimate lead.  The last two I have found no purpose for on a shotgun.

Red and green color is also very useful to a turkey hunter.  Early in the season while most everything in the woods is still brown and gray, the green contrasts well.  Later as the woods green up I switch to red to contrast against the green background.

eight bore

Hey redarrow, if you look close at ray's pictures you will notice the arperatures are not centered in the glass in every pic,
doesn't matter they will all hit the target bull, really quick target aquisition.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Jourdan_D

Thanks for the pics, orderd one last week from opticsplanet.  can't wait for it to come in but unforunatly it's on back order for 2 weeks :(

chatterbox

I like the look of mine! I can't wait for this snow to go and the weather to warm up to get out and give her a try!

joshua

Great pics for someone who has never looked through one of these type sights.  Thanks
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Bamastrutter

That's cool you have raised my curiosity about these sights. I will have to do some more research :thanks:

knightrider

awesome pics but my wife is now soooo ticked just bought a new gun and choke and shells now i got to have one of these :TooFunny: :help:

turkeytromp

I Think I will try one this season, I assume they will mount up to a 7/8" weaver scope base rail?
And lastly wonder how well or how long will they hold up on a 12ga shotgun shooting 3-1/2" mags?

sugarray

I posted up a review and part of it was to test the durability and POA/POI after heavy loads.  I shot 8 winchester turkey loads, then reloaded and shot 8 Federal turkey loads.  Then shot for POA/POI.  I was shooting from my knee and in a hurry, but consistent after shooting 16 turkey loads.  So, it will hold up well.

Should mount to any base.  It fits in a slot in the front and grabs the rail in the back.  Picatinny will give more adjustable positions than a standard base will.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: sugarray on February 09, 2011, 11:48:05 AM
I posted up a review and part of it was to test the durability and POA/POI after heavy loads.  I shot 8 winchester turkey loads, then reloaded and shot 8 Federal turkey loads.  Then shot for POA/POI.  I was shooting from my knee and in a hurry, but consistent after shooting 16 turkey loads.  So, it will hold up well.

Should mount to any base.  It fits in a slot in the front and grabs the rail in the back.  Picatinny will give more adjustable positions than a standard base will.

Excellent review and pics Ray  :icon_thumright: I'm trying to get a buddy to order 1.

sugarray

I'm going to try to get some views at my decoys to make it more realistic.  Thought about my jake strutter.  Will try on Friday when I am off work.  I'll add them as well, or replace the reticle views that are there, probably just add to it.  Seeing the reticles with the 3" sticker gives a good idea as to how large the dots are and what the other 2 will look like.

Basser69