OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite mouth call

Started by Clucknpur8, February 06, 2012, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeywhisperer

Quote from: swamppirate on February 29, 2012, 10:49:41 PM
HS split V IV

That one was my favorite for several years until I tried the Micheal Waddell Series from Flextone.  I think the one I am using is the Big nasty and it is awesome!! Purr.. cutt.. sweet raspy yelps... it does it all and the turkeys love it!!

nstrut

primos true double 2 and 3

Gooserbat

Quote from: jblackburn on February 29, 2012, 08:58:40 AM
Gooserbat Hillbilly followed by a custom ghost cut Sam at Gooserbat made for me.

I'll agree with the Hillbilly but I also love the Black Magic, and Bret's Bacon call is going to be something sweet too.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Willie

jakebird

Im a huge fan of the hs strut premium flex infinity latex line. Theres a few that i just dont particularly like the sound, but they sound great right out of the package and last a long time, and believe me, i run em hard! Current favs in the line up are the two timer, split v III, and the cuttin 2.5. My fav two timer is four seasons old, has waylayed a half dozen toms, is pure poison, and sadly probably gonna half to retire after this year, shes lookin pretty rough these days, givin my mouth blisters, but she still sounds so pretty  :D i cant let her go...
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

tha bugman

Headcrusher- Dixie Yelper or Hooks Executioner 2...alot of turkey in those two calls!

Flyrodder

Quaker Boy World Champ but now I've move on to Quaker Boy's Classic V Lite.
Flyrodder

Flyrodder

Quote from: MouthCaller on February 29, 2012, 09:03:33 AM
I used to belong to a pro staff for a company in Iowa and was sent some sample turkey calls from Lannom game calls and I love them.

Not meaning to highjack the tread. Do you remember where the Lannom calls were made? Was it Marion, Illinois?
Flyrodder

JELLYHEAD

Old favorite, Jack Hammer 3.5 reed. Don't make them any more. New favorite Houndstooth Tom Bomb!!!!!!! I can't wait till turkey day @ Marks.

twinters

Woodhaven copperhead 2,and Knight and HALE sweeper

gunslinger

HS cuttin 2.5...been using one for many years