OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What boot are for you

Started by chad fenton, February 05, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Browning Feather Weights.

My try a pair of Danner's here in the near future

a-j calls

Mucks - comfortable, waterproof, and light weight.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: cannonball on February 05, 2012, 11:03:35 PM
Mucks - comfortable, waterproof, and light weight.

I wear Muck quarter tops.

Holston

Either Lacrosse Alphaburlys or Danner Pronghorns.

However if I'm just out scouting or messing around in the woods, I've been wearing my old Wesco climbing boots a lot lately.  Unreal comfort.

Santa Closs

I was looking for a pair of rubbers last year and heard a lot about Muck, Lacrosse, and Irish Setter.  I ruled out the Muck because of the neoprene (afraid of capturing my scent).  So I was down to the other two so I went to Cabela's to try them on.  The Lacrosse Alphaburly didn't fit my foot right (I have a very high arch), they seemed to be great boots just not comfortable for me.  So I tried on the Irish Setter Rutmaster's and they were the bees knees! I hunted in them all season (+/- 30 days) and they never hurt my feet.  I was worried about climbing up and down hills but the new exoflex technology really held them tight.  They felt like I was wearing sneakers.  Needless to say I just bought a pair of Irish Setter leathers (Trailblazers) and I doubt I'll own any other brand again.  Just my $.02
Montani Semper Liberi

CallMaker

During the early season when the weather is still pretty cold I wear Danner's  w/ Thinsulate. After it warms up I wear Danner Gortex. I really like them because they are so lightweight.  It's  like wearing a pair of sneakers.   
Steven

Tuttle

Danner pronghorns when it's a little chilly, danner jackals when its warm and muck when its pouring rain.

RutnNStrutn

I wear the Redhead (Bass Pro) knock offs of the Rocky Snake Boots. They work just as well, but are half the price if you buy them during the Fall Classic at Bass Pro. Lightweight, waterproof (for 2 or 3 seasons), durable and affordable.

nstrut

rocky snake boots  i like the traction on these boots  non slip

BigHooks

Muck's best boot I have had on my feet, can't tell you have them on...

swamp_bird89

WiLL B

gobbler777

Danner Pronghorns - more upland
Muck - wet habitats
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Doublej

Got some muck uplands that I don't like very much. Some off brand camo snake boots that I like so far got them for turkey season and lacrosse big chief hip boots.. Which ones i use depends on the conditions and location

30_06

I usually use Vibram Five Fingers, or a pair of Merrel hiking shoes.