turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What boot are for you

Started by chad fenton, February 05, 2012, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad fenton

I have read a couple post about boots here past couple days.  Anyway what boots do you wear in the woods and why.

I wear Lacroose rubber boots since I am in wet terrain often.  Been looking for some comfortable lace-ups though just havent pulled the trigger.

smitty1hunter

I usually wear the same Lacrosse in the AM and this year will be wearing my new Timberland Gore-Tex hikers in the PM. The Lacrosse is a little better at handling the dew. If you are lookig for really comfortable hikers check out the Timberlands.

Devastator

danner jackalII.because of there weight.

stinkpickle

Danners are my current choice, mostly because of their comfort.

Stoner

Danner Pronghorns and a pair of old Chulka's

renegade19

Depends on where I'm hunting.  Lacrosse for the swampy areas and Danner Mountain Lights in the hills or drier hardwoods.   I'm on my 2nd Pair of Danner's in the last 20 years.   They make a fine product in the USA!

lohaus

Lace Ups - Danner Pronghorns, no thinsulate
Rubbers - Rockys

Much prefer to wear the Danners.  After starting with a pair that leaked I returned them and haven't had a problem since.  Woods, hills, rocks.

chad fenton

I have heard the danner pronghorns are very good.  They look comfortable as well.

gobble157

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

cannonball

Mucks - comfortable, waterproof, and light weight.

WildSpur

Rocking Danner Radicals.  They are just camoed hiking boots.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Squirrel Hunter

Danner pronghorn because I like dry feet, rocky's suck

MarkJM

I wear camoflauge muck boots with 200 insulation. they are perfect for my PA weather conditions.
MuellerCustomCalls

njdevilsb

Lacrosse rubber boots.  I'm really thinknig about getting a pair of Danner boots this year, though.

mcgruff1533

I just wear an old pair of Danner 8" duty boots I have in the closet.    The GoreTex is still good, but the leather just won't take a good shine any longer for work.     I'm probably just going to camo paint them for this Spring.