OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which decoy?

Started by Trevor2, February 05, 2012, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Which half strut decoy would y'all reccomend? All my other dekes are foam and I really like and prefer those, but haven't seen a half strut in the foam.
Strutstopper

FullChoke

If you are specifically looking for a foam, half-strut, jake decoy, look for a Featherflex Bubba Half-strut Jake decoy.

http://www.hunthd.com/decoys/turkey-decoys/bubba-half-strut-jake/prod_460.html

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Footballer

Quote from: FullChoke on February 05, 2012, 05:00:20 PM
If you are specifically looking for a foam, half-strut, jake decoy, look for a Featherflex Bubba Half-strut Jake decoy.

http://www.hunthd.com/decoys/turkey-decoys/bubba-half-strut-jake/prod_460.html

FullChoke

This was the first semi-strut decoy I used. I loved it- very mobile and fooled many gobblers before he was retired!

Carry-Lite makes a great semi-strut jake. However, this decoy is not very mobile as it doesn't pack very well.

Cherokee Sports has a blow-up semi-strut decoy that is very realistic. The only issue I have with it is the body tends to have a glare from the sun. If you can find one on sale at Walmart, but it and use the head on another decoy.

Zinks has a new one out this year. It looks very realistic, but I'm not sure how much it weighs. Their hen decoys from last year were a little on the heavy side.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

wmahunter

You wont find one that looks much better than the zinks but it is a little heavy.  Still I believe it is worth the weight to have one that looks right.

SonicBanshee

dont use foam i dont like them
Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!