OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 02/05/12 So Much Distrust ......

Started by pappy, February 05, 2012, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Psalm 118:8 ... It is better to trust in the Lord, then to put confidence in man.
Who can you truly trust today? I can trust my wife of nearly 40 years, because she truly loves me for who I am and knows me inside and out. She knows my faults and she has lways been there for me, ever since March of 1972.....who else can I truly trust? Can I place my trust in the government? Can I place my trust in mankind? These are questions that each of us must answer on our own, but I can place my complete trust in the Lord Jesus, who also knows me inside and out, who has been with me since before I was born, and who will always be there for me to reach out to, sounds familiar? Sure, as my relationship with my wife is so very much the same as it is with the Lord, a relationship based on true love and complete trust.
In matthews 28:20 we see Christ affirming this as he says....." I am with you always even unto the end of the world." What better word of encouragement could I ask for, during my most darkest of times, He will be there, during my deepest hurts and sufferings, He will be there......just like my wife has been there for me, through thick and thin, for better or for worse, now try to understand I am not telling you to ignore mankind or even those in control of our government, but what I am saying. like a blessed marriage, your relationship with the Lord is THE most important one you could have, as when all else fails you, He WILL NOT FAIL YOU......if you are blessed with a loving and faithful wfe, give her a hug of encouragement, and a big thank you for beng there for you through it all.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

Great Message Mr. Jack, What a friend we have in Jesus!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

rempumpman

Jesus; truly a friend that sticks closer than a brother; who else can we trust to take us to heaven? no one!! great devotional pappy as always;

:jesus-cross:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

turkey slayer

vaturkey

Vaturkey

rempumpman

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Duke0002