OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Review of the Haint

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 04, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Yikes!  ...Just got an add from Wing Supply sayin' they were selling the Haint gobble call for $50!!!  The d*** thing better be made out of solid gold to be worth that much!  Looks like a $10 goose call to me!  Guess I just have a really poor sense of value....

Houndstooth Game Calls

Fellas what did y'all pay for the gobble call. I thought they were 45 to 50 right I went into a store and had a fella with me and they were priced 9.99 must be a miss price he bought one

TauntoHawk

do they have more??? Ill send you $20 to pick one up and mail it to me

they are $5o every where ive seen, for that reason I was planning on trying the Knight and Hale Hale fire because its $20 what I find a more reasonable price
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yelpy

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on February 09, 2012, 07:05:57 PM
Fellas what did y'all pay for the gobble call. I thought they were 45 to 50 right I went into a store and had a fella with me and they were priced 9.99 must be a miss price he bought one

Do you plan on going back to that store? That is a deal if it is the Haint.

golfernash

I have one on the way. I can not wait to try it out.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Had it for about 2 weeks and over all I'm about 70% satisfied. Don't sound as good as the you tube videos but I have come a LONG way.

Cutt

Just picked up a Haint, and my review it's a call many will master and many will not.

To me it's no different than taking a goose/duck call and trying to gobble with it. As with me I can get somewhat of a decent gobble with it, nothing like the video though, and not as good as my tube call.

As for guidelines for those wondering if they will master it, I would say a fair comparison would be anyone that can purr really good on a mouthcall, should have little difficulty mastering it? You need good tongue flutter, which many can not do. Just like some can wiggle their ears and others can't, you either got it or you don't, although they make it sound like anyone can do it?

My thinking was, I'm an above average mouthcaller, and above average gobbling with a tube call, and would have no trouble? Wrong, I'm about 60%, but not sure I'll ever get the true gobble they get? And to me if you really got to work for it, your more than likely to throw some sour gobbles in a real hunting situation, as with most calls people are good with comes natural.

golfernash

Quote from: Cutt on February 17, 2012, 08:44:57 AM
Just picked up a Haint, and my review it's a call many will master and many will not.

To me it's no different than taking a goose/duck call and trying to gobble with it. As with me I can get somewhat of a decent gobble with it, nothing like the video though, and not as good as my tube call.

As for guidelines for those wondering if they will master it, I would say a fair comparison would be anyone that can purr really good on a mouthcall, should have little difficulty mastering it? You need good tongue flutter, which many can not do. Just like some can wiggle their ears and others can't, you either got it or you don't, although they make it sound like anyone can do it?

My thinking was, I'm an above average mouthcaller, and above average gobbling with a tube call, and would have no trouble? Wrong, I'm about 60%, but not sure I'll ever get the true gobble they get? And to me if you really got to work for it, your more than likely to throw some sour gobbles in a real hunting situation, as with most calls people are good with comes natural.
Amen
Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

swampgobbler

saw one today, and that thing was ugly.  had tool marks on it, and what appeared to be a friction type finish.  i'll stick with a custom tube call that can do more than just gobble.