turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Review of the Haint

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 04, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Just got the Haint and instructional dvd in the mail. After watching the dvd I attempted to blow it. I followed their instructions to the letter, and after about fifteen minutes I was ripping out gobbles almost identical to theirs. Guys, this call is very easy to blow if you follow their instructions. The dvd was very helpful, its more detailed than the youtube videos. I'm glad I didn't let all the negative reviews scare me away from this call, its truly awesome in person. I'm sure it will be the death of some longbeards this spring. Just thought I'd throw this out there for all those on the fence.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

neal

Looking forward to trying one next week in Nashville. Thanks for your input!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

TANK

I have made my mind up....I'm getting one also. Besides if I didn't like a challenge I wouldn't be turkey hunting anyway...............lol

Houndstooth Game Calls

That's good congrats I think the call is for some folks and some may not catch on so quick would love to hear it fix us up a clip it is neat I like how raspy I can make it sound!!!

StruttinGobbler3

Houndstooth I would definitely post a sound bite if I could, but i have no idea where to begin to do that :TooFunny:. But the more i play with this call the more I like it. I haven't been this excited about a new call in several years. What I like about these guys is their dvd is more than a sales pitch. They back up their claims with proven facts and insights into the behavior of a wild gobbler, and provide unedited hunt clips of this call in real hunting situations. I don't believe a longbeard is going to run you over every time you blow this call, but I do believe in the right situation it could be deadly. Their footage of using this call on a henned up gobbler was incredible. If anyone is plannimg on trying this call, I highly recommend spending the extra ten bucks on their dvd. It helps to shorten the learning curve as well as showing you situations where the call will and won't work. Good luck to anyone else trying this call, I think you will like it.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

RutnNStrutn

I just got mine but it didn't come with an instructional video. ??? >:(

Gobble!

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 04, 2012, 11:15:12 PM
I just got mine but it didn't come with an instructional video. ??? >:(

That's $10 extra

RutnNStrutn

Hmmm. Sounds like it might be worth that. Anyone that gets the call down and learns how to gobble good, I'll buy your video off of you for $5. :lol:

Houndstooth Game Calls

Hey struttn I agree with ya I have played with it of and on and have gotten where I can slow down the roll of it. In other words my gobbles to me now sound even better as I have played with it more since I posted my clip. Congrats on your success!!

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks houndstooth, I really have high hopes for this call, and I'm not really the type that gets excited over new calls. I've found the hardest part is figuring out the right amount of air to use when blowing it. Also, I'm working on slowing down the roll of the gobble towaeds the end. I think I'll completely have it down by opening day.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

StruttinGobbler3

Ok new update on the haint. I'm beginning to learn that different tongue positions and hand movement can add alot of realism to the call. Kinda adds that natural "rattle" into the gobble that before i was unable to reach. This call has a lot of potential.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Ol'Mossy

Do you have a link to this call? You sparked an interest in me  ;D

I found it yahooooo

StruttinGobbler3

Ok...newest update on my experience with the haint. Decided to practice a little this morning in the yard. Gobbled twice on it, and out of nowhere BAM. Gobblers firing off at me about 300-400 yards away. Waited a little and hit the call again. Two gobbles cut mine off. Put the call down and listened for a couple minutes. Next gobble I heard those birds had closed the distance by more than half. It was at that point I decided to quit screwing with them and went inside to keep from spooking them. If I was a poaching man theres not a doubt in my mind I could have gotten set up and had those two gobblers in the deep fryer by dinnertime. Starting to like this call a little more I think..

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Houndstooth Game Calls

Strutting that's cool so no doubt they like what they heard!!!!!

superx2

AHHH   going to order 1 right now
:gobble: :gobble: :gobble: