OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire question

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 04, 2012, 09:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

I have a question for those of you using the Fastfire sight. I like the idea of them but have one concern. A friend of mine had an Eotech holographic sight mounted on an AR. I noticed when looking through it that if you did not line up perfectly on the stock, the dot would appear to move, and throw your shot off considerably. Basically you had to mount the gun perfecly the same way each and every shot to make it shoot accurately. There was no such thing as throwing the gun up quickly and shooting, there was no telling where the bullet would go. Have any of you noticed this problem with the Fastfire? I use a set of truglo gobble dot sights on my turkey gun now and have been considering the upgrade to a red dot. Thanks.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

bird

That is not an issue with the at all.  As long as you have the dot on your target no matter how you line up the firearm to your body and it has been properly sighted in the shot load is going to go where the dot is set on.

sugarray

That should not have been a problem at all.  There seems to be something wrong with the set up.  With the sites like the FF, Mueller Quick Shot, Eotech, etc is that once you sight it in, it is on, no matter where the dot is on the screen!!  The beauty of the site!!