turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Flydown Cackle

Started by EliteArkHunter, February 20, 2011, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

I'll use a mouth call and cackle with simulated wing beats. When I'm in not so tight quarters
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

huntinhard

I usually do a quick excited short cutt, followed by the wing beats. some times I use just the wing beats If I think the bird is real close.

reynolds243

as most of the others have said, i use a mouth call for the cackle and for a long time just used my hat for the flydown.  Now i just keep a wing from a turkey i kill each year and make a "wing thing" i keep in my vest.

the wing beats can help in all parts of the day was well along with some leave scratching.

OntarioGobbler

I don't do it in close. when I know I'm back from the birds and 100% sure they can't see me. It can bring quiet woods alive some mornings in my experience.

jyoung

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 27, 2011, 09:15:39 AM
as most of the others have said, i use a mouth call for the cackle and for a long time just used my hat for the flydown.  Now i just keep a wing from a turkey i kill each year and make a "wing thing" i keep in my vest.

the wing beats can help in all parts of the day was well along with some leave scratching.

Same here!  And as long as I can not see the bird I will do a fly down in close.  I try to set up between 75-100 yards away when I am allowed. 
Jonathan Young

bowhunter84

i just tried it on my slate. it wasnt as hard to do as i have been told it is.

thanks for posting the youtube link!!!

M Sharpe

I use a box and a wing to simulate a flydown. As stated previously, it is not very long. In the calling contest, Chris Parrish has the prettiest flydown I've ever heard. Judges usually don't like it because it is so short, but he is spot on.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

jshively

Quote from: OntarioGobbler on February 27, 2011, 09:39:57 PM
I don't do it in close. when I know I'm back from the birds and 100% sure they can't see me. It can bring quiet woods alive some mornings in my experience.
:icon_thumright:

Pretty much my experience as well.

Gobblerdn1

Quote from: huntinhard on February 27, 2011, 12:41:16 AM
I usually do a quick excited short cutt, followed by the wing beats. some times I use just the wing beats If I think the bird is real close.

To find out how hot he is just rake the wing on the tree above your head; if he honors you no need to make any more vocal noises. Just flap the wing when it's time and scratch the leaves.....

Hootowl

Thanks for the Youtube Vid, I something to try at work tomorrow.....

Hoot

bnew17

ive been practicing my cackle on some of my box calls and i feel pretty confident in it. I have previously not used a cackle, just simulated the fly down with a wing.My question is for the guys that use a box for the cackle, obviously you cant use the wing and the box at the same time. would you rake the tree with the wing and then do the cackle with the box? basically which method you think is more productive. The sound of wing beats, or the cackle.