News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Predator Spring Green

Started by Santa Closs, January 31, 2012, 08:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Quote from: Santa Closs on February 06, 2012, 11:57:34 AM
I'm just afraid on my first turkey that they'll see my heart beating out of my chest!

Oh, he will see that, no matter what camo you are wearing. Also remember, trees don't breathe.

Shoot him before he can get it all figured out.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Shoregobbler

Predator Spring Green is awesome for spring Turkey hunting. Natural Gear SC11 and Mothwing Spring 3-D Leafy are hard to beat as well.

LAWRENCE BOY

Quote from: MizzouOutdoors on February 02, 2012, 11:33:19 PM
Predator camo is meant to break up the human outline.  It is very effective on both turkey and deer as well as your hunting buddies.  It uses abstract lines and open patterns so that your human figure is broken up.  I have found it to be very effective on the ground and in the tree.  Actually had a squirrel eating acorns next to me at about 1 ft. when sitting on a dead fall this past archery season and had one of my hunting buddies about 25 yards away on the ground that had to take a double take to see me. It works very well.

i agree
when i replace my camo it will be with Predator
Gobble
Gobble

BOOM

ohiomossyoak

I am going to give my ASAT leafy suit a try
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

redleg06

Quote from: Santa Closs on January 31, 2012, 08:55:48 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Predator Spring Green pattern?  I'd love to hear some opinions.  I'm brand new to turkey hunting and am looking into gear.  Thanks

Everyone's going to have their different opinions on this and there are some situations where you need to make adjustments (like going from hunting west tx mesquite country to alabama hardwoods), but generally speaking, I dont get too hung up on having a specific camo. Most of the real tree or mossy oak patterns will work fine if you minimize your movement. 

I usually just go to wingsupply.com and look at what they have in closeouts sales. Most any of it will get the job done. Spend your money on some good calls or getting your gun tuned in the way you like it....just one man's opinion.

BrowningGuy88

In General I agree with RedLeg06. That being said over the off season, I bought a full set of BottomLand including a vest because I hunt in hardwood river swamps and then may be in a pine plantation the next day.

The BL does wonderful next to hardwoods and is good if you stay in the shadows while hunting in the pines. Now if I was hunting all over the country, I would use Obsession or Infinity.

Any "spring" camo is good - heck army fatigues will do OK. Just be still.

SonicBanshee

im on the fence bout getting one
Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!