turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Predator Spring Green

Started by Santa Closs, January 31, 2012, 08:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Closs

Anyone have any experience with the Predator Spring Green pattern?  I'd love to hear some opinions.  I'm brand new to turkey hunting and am looking into gear.  Thanks
Montani Semper Liberi

natman

Many modern patterns have too much detail and not enough contrast and tend to blend into one blob at a distance. This pattern certainly won't do that. However, turkey hunting takes place at close range, and I'd prefer more realistic detail up close. Take a look at these patterns:

http://www.mossyoak.com/Camo/Obsession.aspx

http://www.realtree.com/camo/realtree-camo-patterns/realtree-hardwoods-camo-green-hd

http://www.realtree.com/camo/realtree-camo-patterns/realtree-apg

You'll also find a better selection of items in one of these.

Santa Closs

Yea I'm definitely a big fan of the open patterns with more contrast for deer.  I bow hunt so it's up close too, but I'm up in a tree when they get close.  I guess more detail would make sense if I were to be on the ground 30 yards from a bird with great eyes.  Thanks for your input!  Any other opinions out there?
Montani Semper Liberi

Basin_hunter

I use both Mossy Oak Obsession and Realtree APG. Both are great patterns !  :fud:
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

Santa Closs

I think I might just try a ghillie suit too.
Montani Semper Liberi

bgbuck153

Look at Mothwings clothing . They have a green leafy wear that I use and looks amazing in the spring time . I have seen it at Dunhams store .

Santa Closs

Montani Semper Liberi

MizzouOutdoors

Predator camo is meant to break up the human outline.  It is very effective on both turkey and deer as well as your hunting buddies.  It uses abstract lines and open patterns so that your human figure is broken up.  I have found it to be very effective on the ground and in the tree.  Actually had a squirrel eating acorns next to me at about 1 ft. when sitting on a dead fall this past archery season and had one of my hunting buddies about 25 yards away on the ground that had to take a double take to see me. It works very well.

Santa Closs

I've had a lot of luck with predator while deer hunting and I have a spring green jacket so I was looking into getting pants and a shirt for turkey.  That's why I was curious to see if anyone uses it with turkey.  Thanks Mizzou.
Montani Semper Liberi

joker

I love predator for deer, but i haven't tried it much for turkey, it should work good. The leafy stuff works good!

MizzouOutdoors

I would save my money on the pants as most hunting is on the ground.  I am more concerned with my shirt/jacket as a fair portion of my time is spent on my butt. With my legs against the ground I don't think that part of the camo is near as important as vertical portion of the body.

Santa Closs

Montani Semper Liberi

JohnnieB

The pattern is great but the quality of the garments is lacking. I use an Ameristep leafy ponco and it works out great.

WyoHunter

Quote from: Basin_hunter on February 01, 2012, 12:32:33 PM
I use both Mossy Oak Obsession and Realtree APG. Both are great patterns !  :fud:
Me too but if you move none of them work!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Santa Closs

I'm just afraid on my first turkey that they'll see my heart beating out of my chest!
Montani Semper Liberi