turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiberoptics

Started by Waddle Whacker, January 31, 2012, 07:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Whacker

Looking for a new set of sights for my 870. I purchased a new set of Truglo's last year, but haven't been too impressed. I ran out of windage adjustment and the screw never seems to tighten all the way down. It seems tight but I can actually move the sight left and right with a bit of pressure. I'll probably order the Williams Firesights. Any thoughts? Do they have liberal windage adjustments? Also, would I need the Remington sights or the universal "slugger"?

TrophyTracker

If you have a vent rib on your gun, check into the Limbsaver sights in this thread
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,16087.0.html

They are very solid and reliable. They are awesome in all light conditions and very adjustable
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Waddle Whacker

Ok, thanks, I looked at em and I think I'm gonna try em out.

Newram05

Nice I just purchased these!

TrophyTracker

You won't be sorry. They don't get much fanfare, but are the best sights I have ever used. The low profile Dead Center sight of theres is awesome for wingshooting too

New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

Waddle Whacker

Thanks again for the help. I ordered a set, should be here any day. Is that an 870, 23" pipe in advantage camo? Just looks like it, that's the exact gun my sights are going on. Was that the first 3 1/2" camo short barreled "turkey gun" Remington came out with? If not it was close. It took about 4 months for mine to come in at the time.

TrophyTracker

This gun is actually an Old-School Win 1300 in Advantage. You just can't beat the old patterns!
New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

Waddle Whacker

Oh ok, didn't know they made the 1300 in advantage. Very cool. Love the old stuff!

WaddleWhacker

i'm wondering why your using my user name???????????????????????????????????

Waddle Whacker

Sorry man, I didn't know there was another one out there, and they allowed me to use it. Maybe you're using mine.   ;D ??? ???

Old Gobbler

You guys have 2 different names    :OGani:

one of you is Waddle Whacker with a space in between .... and the other in  WaddleWhacker one word

--Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

wmd

Quote from: TrophyTracker on February 01, 2012, 01:36:50 AM
If you have a vent rib on your gun, check into the Limbsaver sights in this thread
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,16087.0.html

They are very solid and reliable. They are awesome in all light conditions and very adjustable

Do you have to remove the front bead to use these sights?  Thanks.

TrophyTracker

If you want to use the front sight that comes with the combo, you do have to remove the front bead. There are a few different screws that come with it, to fit most shotgun bead threads. If your bead is press-fit in, you can have a gunsmith tap the hole for roughly $10 +/-.
New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

Mr16Gauge

The front bead attachement on most Remington and Mosbergs is either threaded or pressed in.

The challenge is determinig which one is which!

Most of the higher priced gun indeed do have threaded front beads.

Good luck

wmd

Quote from: Mr16Gauge on February 08, 2012, 08:10:35 PM
The front bead attachement on most Remington and Mosbergs is either threaded or pressed in.

The challenge is determinig which one is which!

Most of the higher priced gun indeed do have threaded front beads.

Good luck

Thanks.  This would be for an 11-87 and I can guarantee you that mine will be whichever is most difficult to remove and the easiest to screw up during the removal process.