Hevi-Shot Advertisement

Started by Neill_Prater, January 30, 2012, 06:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountman62

82 yds, stone cold ded, tell me ti ain't some bad stuff
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

drenalinld

Show me your 82 yard pattern and you will see that is irresponsible.

joey46

This isn't new.  When Remington first started promoting their hevi loads the ad read "that bird that was out of range last season won't be this year - you're shooting hevi shot".  Not going to be an exact quote of the ad but pretty close.  It was a big reason I didn't jump on the hevi bandwagon.  I started using hevi style loads when it was rumored the federally control areas I hunted were going to require no-tox shot.  I knew steel was a bad option.

mountman62

Quote from: drenalinld on January 31, 2012, 10:49:42 AM

HOOK, LINE, & SINKER  :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

but I did go to the Mag Blends last year after changing guns and not getting my patterns out of my Federals that I had, they did pattern very well, I will state that I did have one kill at 63yds, but hope not to have to do it again
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

willy8457

Like i said if you want to kill turkeys over 50 buy i rifle, and to me that makes you a turkey killer not a turkey hunter. Calling one to the gun is what it's all about, fooling him in to coming in to the call watching him do his dance And making him hunt you is the fun of it. Anybody could sit on field edges and shoot them with a rifle. and if he don't come to me today there's always tomorrow. Everybody want's to get a long beard , But that's not why I do it.

SeekingtheTrophy

I've never picked my gun up and aimed it at a turkey at 75 yds. but I'm thinking the bead on my barrel would just about cover up the whole turkey.

drenalinld

Quote from: mountman62 on January 31, 2012, 12:32:29 PM
Quote from: drenalinld on January 31, 2012, 10:49:42 AM

HOOK, LINE, & SINKER  :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

but I did go to the Mag Blends last year after changing guns and not getting my patterns out of my Federals that I had, they did pattern very well, I will state that I did have one kill at 63yds, but hope not to have to do it again

You got me. I know it can happen but averages are against it. 20 years ago I watched a guy drop a gobbler with 3" lead #4's out of an 1100 with a modified barrel at 91 of my long steps and I am 6' 4". Successful but very irresponsible.

Glad you were teasing.

teke

Maybe they should reduce there advertising by half, and in return, cut there shell price in half. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Neill_Prater

I just wanted to mention I went to the Hevi-Shot website, and sent them an email regarding this advertisement. If I don't get an adequate response, I plan to also draft a letter, sending it to their snail mail address. I'm hoping that several of you will do likewise, as I really feel the company was irresponsible in placing this ad.

I'll let you know what type of response I receive. Neill

joker

stinkpickle

The same ad shows the #7's only good for 30 yards.   :TooFunny:

RemingtonRules

It is what people want.  Just like the ballestic reticles that let you shoot out to 300 yards with not practice.  Just put the circle on the target and yank