OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday 01/29/12 Am I Just Stuck With It?

Started by pappy, January 29, 2012, 10:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

7: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8: For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10: Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What is your 'thorn in the flesh'? What is one thing that you can point out in you life, which you have struggled with all your life, which you just can't overcome?
It may be sickness, pride, hurt, suffering, anger or sin.
You may have prayed over hundreds of times, but still struggling with it, which holds you back from complete devotion to God.
But God knows it, He understands it, He knows what you go through. If there is anything that is preventing us from being all that we can be in Christ, let us do like Paul and recognize it before it gets out of hand. Realizing our weakness, though it be physical or spiritual, offers us the opportunity to rely on Christs' strength, as long as we do like Paul and come to grips that we will face such adversities, and knowing that His power is continually increased as the weakness grows, our weakness opens the way for more of Christ's power and grace.
So don't let the Devil buffet you into submission, no matter what we may think, God is there, waiting for us to ask for help to continue on in our mission.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer

rempumpman

Thank you Pappy; a wonderful and powerful thought and devotional;

:thanks:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

gobbler336

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Duke0002

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)