OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

turkey scopes

Started by Doug-Va, January 26, 2012, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Nikon Turkey Pro came fri. and is already mounted. MOBU matches beautifully and for 100.00 off couldn't pass it up.

Roy

Grunt-N-Gobble

I ordered one of those Nikon Turkey scopes from Cabelas last Friday.

Realtree APG.  My gun isn't camo, but thats OK.  Maybe I'll pait it up to match somewhat.

RutnNStrutn

For me it was an easy choice. I had a Tasco 2 x 22 scope that I had on a pistol. It was awful for deer hunting because it didn't let in enough light at dusk and dawn when deer are most active. So I got a better scope and the old scope sat in my gun safe for years. One day I decided to buy a dedicated turkey barrel for my scattergun. I got out the old scope and rubber banded it in place on the barrel so I could move it to adjust the eye relief. Once I marked the spots, I took it to a gun shop and had the vent rib drilled and tapped to mount the scope rail on. When I got home, I mounted the scope on the rail and I was in business. It never comes off, always stays sighted in, and I only use that barrel for turkey hunting anyway.
My scope isn't sexy or stylish, but it also isn't expensive and it was just sitting in my safe anyway. Turkeys don't fly down until its light, and this scope does a fine job. I've killed a mess of turks looking through this scope. :icon_thumright:

Grunt-N-Gobble

My Nikon scope came in this morning.  It's NICE.

It's going to replace a cabelas brand scope that I first had on a slug gun.  The eye relief wasn't very much and I got "bit" last year while shooting a bird in an awkward position.  With the 5" of eye relief, that shouldn't happen again.

Mr16Gauge

We have scopes, iron sights and have also used the Burris Fast Fire I and II.

Each has it's palce and application.  We use detachable mounts for the scopes and Red Dots, and even use them with our slug barrels.

As has been stated above, each option is dependent on where and how you hunt.

Good Luck.

:OGturkeyhead:

deerslayer357

Awesome deal on these scopes!  I wish I had the extra money around to pick up an extra one to mount on a back-up turkey killer!

WyoHunter

Quote from: chatterbox on January 29, 2012, 06:58:37 AM
Bushnell Trophy with turkey plex reticle. Great bang for the buck! :icon_thumright:
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

remmy1187

Currently using the Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro, also have a Konus ,and a Bushnell trophy and they are all decent.  Like the Nikon the best.  Try to find something with long eye relief, scope eye-scope forehead really hurts.

hunter22

I have a Leupold 1X4 NWTF scope on my BPS 10 gauge and really like it. Plenty of eye relief and perfect magnification range for a turkey scope.

Ctomp1974

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on January 26, 2012, 07:40:54 PM
Pentax lightseeker 2.5x

I have the Pentax Lightseeker SG with zero power and the circle recticle, and love it.

Stoney Creek

Nikon Turkey Pro, mounted one last year on a 835 and love it, especially the eye relief, as others noted Cabelas has a great buy now. Leupold 1x4 Heavy Duplex, my all time favorite scope, had one on a 870 sm for years.. I know others who also use these, time and gobbler proven to get the job done....

Mossygoose

Just ordered the Nikon Turkey Pro from Cabelas. Currently have the Bushnell on on my set up

the Ward

was on midway's site and they have a weaver 1to3 variable on sale for $150.Generous eye relef and good reviews.Don't know where thier making them these days,i'd post a link but i don't know how!i'm not all that computer literate,ha ha!I also saw a bushnell 1.5 to 6 variable with theiluminated  german #4 reticle ireally like,but i don't now where there making those,either.I have a 1.5 to 4 elite firefly on my .375rum and it's held up great over the years with no change of zero,and thats saying something considering that gun is no creampuff when it comes to recoil.The nikon sounds like an awesome deal though,but i kinda would like alittle more vesatile retical i could use for slugs too.

Clucknpur8

It's hard to beat tru glo red dot from my experience.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Imleaning towards a Nikon or Leupold with Turkey reticle