OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Optic would you prefer?

Started by JustinM, February 19, 2011, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinM

Ok so i have narrowed it down between two sights i would like to put on my new mossy 935. The EoTech 512 or the Aimpoint 9000sc, which would you prefer for turkey hunting, and why. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated in me making my decision.
Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

BOFF

I have Eotechs, not the 512, but still the same. I prefer the holographic image. I have never used the Aimpoint you noted, but it appears it is more like a scope in aiming. Seems to me the field of view is going to be cut down due to this. With the EoTech, my field of view is great. I also don't need to be centered on the gun. Where ever the dot is located is where my pattern is going. Not sure about the aimpoint.

If you already have the Aimpoint use it. I remember someone writing they got one on a gun they just bought, not sure if it was you.

God Bless,
David B.

chatterbox

Quote from: BOFF on February 19, 2011, 08:40:54 PM
I have Eotechs, not the 512, but still the same. I prefer the holographic image. I have never used the Aimpoint you noted, but it appears it is more like a scope in aiming. Seems to me the field of view is going to be cut down due to this. With the EoTech, my field of view is great. I also don't need to be centered on the gun. Where ever the dot is located is where my pattern is going. Not sure about the aimpoint.

If you already have the Aimpoint use it. I remember someone writing they got one on a gun they just bought, not sure if it was you.

God Bless,
David B.

I agree with David. No matter what brand sight you are gonna use, go with a reflex/holo type sight. Much better field of view!

Devastator

i have an aimpoint 9000 and it is the best red dot i have ever used.

JustinM

Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossybird

Yooper

For sure, any holo sight is going to be better than a basic red dot type, especially for turkey hunting.

Mossberg835