OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which shot gun would you get

Started by hoovertx4, February 19, 2011, 12:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killentime

835 good guns with great patterns, and good customer service!

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

Quote from: mossybird on February 19, 2011, 12:47:15 PM
Deffinalty the SuperNova. 95% of the time It will out perform the others.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

surehuntsalot

835  The BEST Turkey Gun there is
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI had the original Nova

Me too, and mine shot awful patterns with numerous chokes.  Plus, the forearm rattled, unless you tightened the screws down until it wouldn't pump smoothly.

I've owned a couple of 835's, and the recoil was Significant, but the guns were good.

I prefer the Rem 870. :z-winnersmiley:

n2deer

ILIKEHEVI-13

You know I like my 835.  But I have always wanted a Benelli Nova.  One day I just might own one. 

JustinM

I have owned both guns before. I really liked the looks and feel of the Benelli, but my mossy shot and patterned better. Cant go wrong with either one though, two of the best brands in my book...
Justin =D
Mossberg 935, IC. 675. choke with EoTech 512 Holo sight.

StruttinGobbler3

Ultimately it all comes down to personal preference and which shotgun fits YOU the best. You'll be the man behind the gun, not any of us. But if you're looking for opinions, I say the SuperNova hands down. Mossberg makes a good gun, but the Benelli quality is superior. That, combined with the fact that I have several friends that hunt with Mossbergs, and none of their patterns come close to what my SuperNova is throwing. Don't get me wrong, their Mossbergs throw very good, turkey killing patterns, but the Benelli simply outperforms them. You'll pay a little more for the Benelli, but it is worth it. Just my opinion. Good luck on whichever gun you choose.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

lotsaleadindahead

They both are known good shooters, I chose the Supernova because it was a step up in quality.  Plus it's a much softer shooter.

boboone

I own both, and while the benelli looks great in my safe, thats just where it stays. I have the exact opposite opinion of most people. my mossberg way out does the benelli every time. I have never had a mechanical problem with either, but ole mossy throws way better patterns and flat out kills turkey. But I would say go with which ever feels right to you. your comfort and confidence is what will make a good weapon great in your hands.
Dave

je4bowhuntin

For my bday last year my wife let me pick basically whatever shotgun I wanted under $750. I went with a 26" barrel supernova in apg. I sold a mossberg 500 and a stoeger m2000 prior to that because I was not happy with them. The supernova fits me great and has a place for years to come in my hunting plans. I love this gun. But just like bows not all shotguns fit everyone the same.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Both would work.  But I would opt for the 870 Express if you don't have one.  I like my 835, but if I had one gun to keep forever it would be my 870.  It shoots deadnut where I aim it with open bead on calm days.  And it's just almost indestructable and no forearm play like you will get with the Super Nova or 835.  I hope my 835 don't hear me type this.   :lol: