OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question about Burris Fastfire/SBEII

Started by st8tman, January 24, 2012, 12:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

Being a newbie to the world of optics mounted on a shotgun..I was hoping someone could give me some insight on which way to go. I have a SBEII and I intend to buy a FFIII (When they come available) I had been told that you could use the Warne two piece steel bases (Only actually using one of the pieces) along with the Burris Picatelly mount for the FF and this would work. I have also read on here about folks using the burris 336 mount. If I use this mount will I still need to get the FF with the Picatelly base or just the 336. Also one last question would the SBEII's factory drill tap setup be compatible with the 336 mount? Any help greatly appreciated!

BurrisOptics

Picatinny Option = FastFire with picatinny mount + weaver or picatinny base of your choice
Marlin low mount option = FastFire withOUT mount + Marlin 336 mount

I can give you part numbers if you need them. 

st8tman

Yes part numbers would be great! One more thing......if I go the Marlin route will I have to have additional drill/tap done to the SBEII? Thanks again.

BurrisOptics

Picatinny Option = FastFire with picatinny mount (300232) + weaver or picatinny base of your choice
Marlin low mount option = FastFire withOUT mount (300233) + Marlin 336 mount (410333)

Yes you will need to have your receiver drilled and tapped.

BOFF

Quote from: BurrisOptics on January 24, 2012, 12:54:46 PM

Picatinny Option = FastFire with picatinny mount (300232) + weaver or picatinny base of your choice
Marlin low mount option = FastFire withOUT mount (300233) + Marlin 336 mount (410333)

Yes you will need to have your receiver drilled and tapped.

So the mounting holes in a 2 piece 336 mount are not the same as the front, or rear factory mounting holes in the SBE?

I figured they would be the same.

God Bless,
David B.

BurrisOptics

as far as I know they are not but you'll know once you have the mount in hand. 

paladin

If I remember... they are 1/2" center to center. It is a very common spacing on shotguns. Do you have a micrometer?
"have gun-will travel"

mightyjoeyoung

The Marlin 336 mount WILL NOT fit the SBE II holes.  I have checked this and they are not the same distance apart. 

For the life of me I don't know why Burris hasn't put out a mount specifically for the SBE II... :begging:  I know a BUNCH of guys that would buy one the day it was made available...this guy included!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

st8tman

Yea me too! Maybe "Burris Optics" could pass this along and put the wheels in motion!

BurrisOptics

Oh man.  If only it were that easy.  I'm still savoring the fact that they made the requested changes to the FastFire. 

I have been requesting what I call a "Universal Turkey Gun" mount that would have hole patterns for nearly all of the popular guns including the SBE and the SBEII for quite some time.  We'll see what happens.