OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just Bought A Rem. 1187 20Ga.

Started by vaturkey, January 22, 2012, 10:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

I bought a new in the box  Rem. 1187 20Ga. yesterday . I'm not sure what choke to put in it. Do you think an Indian Creek .555 & Hevi 13 will be a good start. What oz load do you folks recommend ? Also do you see the Fed . HW shooting better than the Hevi ? Thanks for any and all advice. Im excited to kill a gobbler with this little 20.

Thanks   Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Devastator

i have the same gun and ended up useing a truglo ssx 550 and fed hw 7's.shoots great.i was useing hevi 13 7's this fall and killed a double beard at 43 steps.in the spring it will have the feds in it,just trying to use up the hevi's.after buying 2 othere chokes i finally listened to a former member on here about the ssx.wished i would have listened to him the first time it was about half the price of the other chokes.

VAlongbeard84

What length barrel do you have on that Ricky??

fountain2

Great gun!.  I have a brand new pg 555 in the classifieds if you're interested.   I haven't shot it yet, but had one for my encore and ut was great with nitro 7s

GOLD HUNTER

Hey Ricky good thing I showed up at the gun show & met up with you when I did & was able to loan you my hankerchief to wipe the drool off your chin.   :TooFunny:

Good to see & talk with you.  You got a real deal on that gun.  It has 1 of the best camo finishes I've ever seen.  By the way, save my hankerchief, I forget to get it back.  Please wash before returning.  LOL !!!  :icon_thumright:

Brian

vaturkey

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on January 22, 2012, 01:34:28 PM
Hey Ricky good thing I showed up at the gun show & met up with you when I did & was able to loan you my hankerchief to wipe the drool off your chin.   :TooFunny:

Good to see & talk with you.  You got a real deal on that gun.  It has 1 of the best camo finishes I've ever seen.  By the way, save my hankerchief, I forget to get it back.  Please wash before returning.  LOL !!!  :icon_thumright:

Brian

Hey Brian

Thanks for the HEADS UP on the location of it. Man it was a mad house ! I will give you the hankie back when I see you again.  :lol: Enjoyed meeting your wife & daughter ! 

Take Care   Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

drenalinld

Let's see it already! If you don't post pics, it don't exist!