turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello From Central Oklahoma!

Started by jblackburn, January 21, 2012, 09:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Hi everyone!  I randomly found this forum and really liked what I saw, so I joined up.  Turkey hunting is absolutely my favorite outdoor activity, so I think I will fit right in.

A little about me,  I am originally from a farm in central Missouri where we raised commercial beef cattle.  I grew up small game and deer hunting, but no one in my family turkey hunted.  I learned how to call (yelp and cluck) when I was in junior high and took my first gobbler when I was 14. I've bee hooked since.  Anyway, fast forward a bit, I graduated from the University of Missouri with a degree in Agricultural Education then moved to Lexington, KY to get a Master's in Agricultural Education.  I moved back to Missouri and taught high school agriculture and was an FFA advisor in Marceline, MO for three years.  Currently, I am a graduate student at Oklahoma State University working on a doctorate in agricultural education with the hope of teaching at the university level when I finish.  The plus side of moving all over the place is turkey hunting in new areas!

I am married and have two boys, one is 3 the other will be 2 in March.  We are also expecting a third in April.  I can't wait to take them all turkey hunting.

In addition to hunting turkeys, last year I began calling competitively.  This led me to meet the owner of Gooserbat Game Calls and was fortunate enough to join his calling staff. I'm not here to push his calls, but I genuinely think they are top notch, plus Sam is a great person.

Anyway, that's a little about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

JVA54

Basser69

GobblerChaser

Welcome aboard.  Settle in and have some fun.  Looking forward to sharing some stories with you.

Safe and Happy Hunting!

Follow me on twitter @GobblerChaser.

boomer

dirt road ninja

turkey slayer

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

cannonball

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Welcome to the O.G. Hope that you enjoy your stay.. :welcomeOG: :wagon:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

drenalinld