turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

EOTech 512

Started by harleytom, January 20, 2012, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytom

Just ordered a new EOTech 512 (camo) to put on my 1187. Can anyone with experience with this sight give me some pointers that might help save some time (and headaches) getting it set up and sighted in? Also, what do you like best/least about this sight? Thanks

chatterbox

You will need a Picatinny rail as the cross bolt is in a funny spot and won't fit on a standard weaver base.
I would get a torque wrench to screw the bolt down to the exact torque that is recommended.
The sight is awsome. It is heavier than other red dot sights, but it is built like a tank, and has the best reticle out there!
I can't think of any negitives. I still have to get to the range, but I anticipate a quick dial in with it!
It is designed for both eyes open shooting, which allows for unlimited FOV.
You will be very pleased. I feel it's the best investment I made in a sight.

BOFF

harleytom

Thanks for the info guys. Will post a pic of finished product.

harleytom

Here is the finished product

BOFF

:z-winnersmiley:

Very Nice!!

God Bless,
David B.

chatterbox

harleytom

Thanks folks. Really like how it looks on gun. Positioned nicely as far as sight viewing goes also. Can't wait to sight it in this weekend.

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

any problems with the battery springs?  I have read on other sites that the recoil can sometimes make the sight go off because of the battery springs.  I am buying this same Eotech but want to get all the info on it first.  Does it come with the wrench for torquing it down?  I also heard that it goes back to battle zero automatically when you dismount it from a rail?  That would be great cause then I can switch it to a muzzleloader, rifle etc.....Any info and sight in advice would be great. saw the how to on sighting in but will your hunting ammo hit different?

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Just ordered one with RT APG Camo!  $384.00 with tax and free shipping included!  What a steal!

harleytom

Sounds like you got a great deal! I think I paid about $10-15 more than that for mine. I have had no problems w/ battery springs as of yet. Only been fired about 12-15 times though and from what I have heard that is a gradual breakdown as the springs age. I will probably take my batteries out occassionally and definitely when season is over. It does come w/ wrench for tightening it down but it was very small and I ended up using one I already had for a better grip. I don't know about losing zero when taking it off, mine is not coming off anyway, but I would not think that would be the case. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine thus far. Can't wait to try it in actual hunting conditions. Good luck with yours.

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Just Mounted my Eotech and I'm pretty impressed.  Im going out tomorrow to sight her in and I will let you know how I make out.  Stole this for $384.00 with tax and shipping included! This gun is a mossberg tactical turkey with a Kicks GT Choke .670.

chatterbox

That came out really, really nice!
Good luck with it this spring! :icon_thumright:

harleytom

Great looking rig! Let us know what you think about sight. Congrats.

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Got it all sighted in and I love it.  Can kind of use the circle to range but it does more to make you concentrate on the dot.  But with the Mossberg 835 20" barrel / Kicks GT Choke and shooting Winchester Supreme 3" 2oz of 6's that bird is smoked all the way out to 50 if I need to.  40 yards and the head/neck in the circle and its lights out!