Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 1/20/2012 "Whose plans are you following"

Started by BOFF, January 19, 2012, 11:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

While reading Jody's devotional for Thursday the 19th, and Wendell's on the 18th, I was reminded of the times I have become frustrated, and negative, and often wondering why "things" were not falling into place. Little did I think then, but know now, "things" were falling into place. It just was not as I had envisioned.

It may take a while for us to understand, and some things we will not understand why they fell into place, until we are able to ask our Lord and Savior face to face. However, in that given time of seeing Him, I doubt any of the "Whys?" are going to matter.  But until then, take heart, our Lord and Savior has a plan for us, with all the "Whys" figured out.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version 1984

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

Ephesians 2:10
New International Version 1984

10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

God already has plans for us. The issue we have at times though, is, "Whose plans are we following?"

Have you talked with God today? Have you asked him, what HIS will is, rather than following your own?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of seeking my own ways, instead of yours. Thank you for your forgiveness and open arms to receive me back from where I stray. Help us to be better listeners, and followers of your will for each of us. May we be a glory to your kingdom, and servants for you.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

redarrow

Amen ! How many times have I been chomping at the bit to get out the door. To hit the road.Then get frustrated because something pops up and causes a delay. Then a mile or two down the road you see it. Cars in ditches,police cars,ambulance. That could have been me.  Thank you Lord." ALL" things in your time. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

turkey slayer

vaturkey

Vaturkey