OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

In the market for a new sight

Started by mnbirdbuster, January 18, 2012, 07:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnbirdbuster

Ive been hunting for over a decade with the same gun, a 870 Super mag special purpose, Mark Bansner Truglo choke that throws great patterns, but... ive decided to use it as my backup in lieu of my new Knight TK 2000! I had magnetic sights on the gun, and managed to lose the front sight during a hunt last spring so im done with them! Looking at either the Vital Gear Tommy Max or the Dead Ringer Beard Buster!!! Any advice?

dirt road ninja

I'm not familiar with the sights you've post about. I can recommend the Truglo Magnum series of sights. They are easy to install, adjust, and are rock solid.

mnbirdbuster

I do have  Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot sight new and in the package for my 870! They are the magnetic style sights, and im not really fond of them but... does anybody have any tricks to help keep the sights in place so they dont slide around or worse fall off :-X Maybe thin double sided tape, or maybe just a dab of super glue? Ive never had a problem with POI with any turkey sights ive had on the gun, in fact last year i had to use the factory beads to kill my gobbler as i lost my front sight!

TrophyTracker

Look into the Limbsaver Dead Center Adjustable sight system. The Dual color front bead and Windage adjustable rear are a real sleeper in the turkey sight market.

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Crappiepro

I will say "NO" to the Dead Ringer Beard Buster sites. I've mounted them on a 20ga. I have and they wasn't worth much to say the least. Very little if any adjustment for elevation and the rear site will come loose and slide back on the vent rib. The rear circle or tube style eye site sets high on the rib and seems to easy to bump, I could see it gettin knocked off or broken off with out much effort if you wasn't paying attention. This may not be an issue for an adult but this gun is being set-up for my 1st year hunting Grand daughter and I could see problems accuring at the wrong time.
Those LimbSaver's look like they would be durable and would a better choice over the dead ringer style.
Good Luck, Crappiepro