turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally! 20 Ga. Shur Shot stock

Started by Eric Gregg, December 23, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Finally! Here is a pic of my 870 20ga converted to a Shur Shot stock.
My wife got this one for me for Christmas.

redarrow

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I may have to do some alterations on my slug gun. That looks sharp. :icon_thumright:

FullChoke

Very nice! I bet it felt like you were coming home the first time you shouldered it.

Is there also a camo dip hiding somewhere under that Christmas tree?

Merry Christmas!  :candycane:

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: FullChoke on December 24, 2011, 09:34:54 AM
Very nice! I bet it felt like you were coming home the first time you shouldered it.

Is there also a camo dip hiding somewhere under that Christmas tree?

Merry Christmas!  :candycane:

FullChoke

It definitely feels different than my traditional stock, but in a good way.
It allows me to really hunker down and look down the barrel in a sitting position.
Guns doesn't move at all, very stable, and, it adds a little weight to the 20, which will help reduce felt recoil.
I am taking it out today to fire a couple of round of older turkey load to get a feel for it and to get some hulls for reloading. I have a couple of chokes I want to do some comparing with, so I am looking at a great Christmas eve with my family, eating, and shooting.
Doesn't get better than that! I will probably hunt this season with it BK, and then camo dip it myself.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Eric Gregg

Went out this Christmas eve and shot it and I love it. Eventhough it added a little weight, gun still kicks the same. The gun is lite any ways so that was expected. I was able to hold dead still while standing, hardly any movement. It feels great when you are sitting down too. No complaints with this one.

If Dr. Evil steps out in front of me this year........  :fud: :newmascot: :smiley-char092:

DUCKDIGGLER

trev33

That looks awesome.  What was the part no. for this?  I can't find them anywhere.

kamski1151

The part # is F306720 You must call Remington to order it. The PH# is 1 800 243 9700

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

trev33

Thanks,  Got one ordered and on the way.

Trev

Eric Gregg

Quote from: trev33 on January 18, 2012, 11:51:17 AM
Thanks,  Got one ordered and on the way.

Trev

You are going to love it :z-guntootsmiley:

kamski1151

Mine finally came today. Put it on my 20 Ga.. You were right TeocTom I do love it.  That Remington fits like a glove !!!!If anyone is thinking bout  getting one. all I can say is DO IT... :happy0064:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Eric Gregg

I would say that if you are thinking about getting one, stop thinking and just get it.
I promise you it turns that gun into a whole new animal.

I don't know of any other company that is offfering a pistol grip stock for their 20's.
Most you have to go the knox route.
Thank Remington for considering their 20 gauge users.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: slickyboyboo on January 19, 2012, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: TeocTom on January 19, 2012, 12:31:08 PM
I would say that if you are thinking about getting one, stop thinking and just get it.
I promise you it turns that gun into a whole new animal.

I don't know of any other company that is offfering a pistol grip stock for their 20's.
Most you have to go the knox route.
Thank Remington for considering their 20 gauge users.

I got a SS stock on my 12 ga 870, and I like it alot, but ended up going with the Knoxx SpecOps on my 20 ga 870.

I thought that I was going to have to go with a knox too. I called Remington a couple of years ago and they didn't have the Shur Shot for 20's yet, so I looked at getting a Knox. Finally they offered it and I jumped on it. I can't wait to see how many bird get taken with all of the 20's out there.