only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

13 Year Old Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

Started by T-Dub, January 16, 2012, 05:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Dub

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 16, 2012, 10:58:24 PM
Thats half price and will shoot as good as a new one

Get yourself a good recoil pad limbsaver/ kickezz whatever ---  and install it - those guns pack a whollop -

clean the bore down real good with a solvent and get all the fowling and crud out of it - get some good loads matched up with a choke that works well for you and you are set -

Thanks OG. Yeah, I've been working on my accessory list all afternoon.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: davisd9 on January 16, 2012, 07:59:45 PM
Love the bottomland!  :icon_thumright:

Is that bottom land or Realtree extra brown?  I had the NWTF gun about that age and it was in RTXB.  Sold it for $330.00...Dumbest thing I have ever done...with a gun... :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Mossberg835

T-Dub

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on January 17, 2012, 07:58:16 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on January 16, 2012, 07:59:45 PM
Love the bottomland!  :icon_thumright:

Is that bottom land or Realtree extra brown?  I had the  gun about that age and it was in RTXB.  Sold it for $330.00...Dumbest thing I have ever done...with a gun... :TooFunny:
I believe it's actually Mossy Oak GreenLeaf.

DMP

Great find.  I think the older 835's are better then the ones they make now. 

gobble157

Oh my most favorite 835 from years ago! I got one of those when I was 12 cause I wanted to be cool like the other guys at hunting camp that were shooting the 3.5 loads. I got me one weeks later and started shooting turkeys like crazy with it, but it sure did give my shoulder/body a beating after shooting it :)
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

gobble157

And the pattern is realtree not mossy oak.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

trkehunr93

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 16, 2012, 10:58:24 PM
Thats half price and will shoot as good as a new one

Get yourself a good recoil pad limbsaver/ kickezz whatever ---  and install it - those guns pack a whollop -

clean the bore down real good with a solvent and get all the fowling and crud out of it - get some good loads matched up with a choke that works well for you and you are set -

That is a steal.  I agree with OG, the only other thing I would add is a Beartooth comb raising kit, especially if your adding the red dot.  It will help line your eye up better and help with the cheek slap (punch) the 3.5" loads will give with the 835.  I love mine, it's the best darn shotgun ever made IMO.

cjr1

I've got one from the 1st year they came out. It's just now started having ejection issues. I would love to know how many 1,000's of rounds I have put thru this gun. It looks like h*ll but I wouldn't take anything for it. Lots of great memories with that gun.

chatterbox

Well done! You got a heck of a deal!
Best of luck with it! Keep us updated on the project! :icon_thumright: