turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

13 Year Old Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

Started by T-Dub, January 16, 2012, 05:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Dub

I needed a new turkey gun and really wanted an 835. I thought this one was a good price but the seller didn't know how old it was and neither did I but I bought it anyway. I called Mossberg Cust. Svc. with the serial number and it appears to be about 13 years old. It looked like it was in excellent shape and the seller said it had been in the gun cabinet for as long as he could remember. He wasn't a turkey hunter so I'm not sure what he used it for. I know it's to late now but I'm just curious if $180 was decent price for it? I plan to spend more to put a pistolgrip, new choke, red dot and sling on it.
Thanks for the input.

mossy835

allaboutshooting

That's a good price for that gun, from the sound of its condition, etc. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and it should give you years of good service. The bore will probably need a "deep clean" and then it's just a matter of what shells and choke you want to use. Best of luck with your new gun.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. As you know, many of the early 835s were bought by waterfowl hunters. The original 835 was developed for that purpose, so waterfowl hunters could use a larger load of the then new steel shot.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

davisd9

Love the pattern on the gun!  :icon_thumright:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

cannonball

dirt road ninja

Good price and a great turkey gun. Take a few Tylenol before you go to the range with a pocket full of 3.5's. If not for your head then for your shoulder. Like the camo too.

Ruger M77

My local gun shop has one just like that for $260 .I think you got a steal!
I eat therefore I hunt

T-Dub

Thanks guys! I didn't want to spend to much because I new all the stuff I wanted to add to one. All stuff that I've learned about from reading this forum!
:thanks:

Tom Foolery

You will love it.

What's weird is my local shop just got one in exactly like yours and I commented that I had never saw that pattern with a ported barrel.  Now I have seen two!  LOL

Mine is the older version as it is nonported.

T-Dub

Quote from: Tom Foolery on January 16, 2012, 09:10:39 PM
You will love it.

What's weird is my local shop just got one in exactly like yours and I commented that I had never saw that pattern with a ported barrel.  Now I have seen two!  LOL

Mine is the older version as it is nonported.

Thanks! I like the camo too. From what I can tell I believe it's Mossy Oak Greenleaf. I really want to put a pistolgrip on it so I hope I can find a pattern from Mossy Oak Graphics that will come close to matching.

ILIKEHEVI-13

TrackeySauresRex

Ya did good!  :happy0064: that is a tuurkey slayer for sure. 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Old Gobbler

Thats half price and will shoot as good as a new one

Get yourself a good recoil pad limbsaver/ kickezz whatever ---  and install it - those guns pack a whollop -

clean the bore down real good with a solvent and get all the fowling and crud out of it - get some good loads matched up with a choke that works well for you and you are set -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

rempumpman

Want your money back?........ :OGturkeyhead:

A great find for sure; you done well pilgrim; congrats.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.