OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with a new turkey vest?

Started by BIGBOB, January 16, 2012, 01:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBOB

I have decided to buy a turkey vest and have narrowed it down to either a cabelas
tatr 2 or a ol tom i beam vest. I have tried on the ol tom and like it but cannot try on a tatr 2 unless i buy it. I like being able to carry 2 box calls in pockets on the ol tom. Any comments or suggestion would be appreciated.T hanks and goo hunting . BOB

gunnerj

I have a Mossy Oak Super Elite 2. Love it! I carry 2 boxes, 3 frictions with multiple strikers, locaters, everything I need. Live in it for 6 weeks! :anim_25:

ElkTurkMan

I ahve the old Tom tom in Motion vest, and it's the best I have used so far.  Not perfect, but for me the best yet that I have tried.

Uhadme@gobble

i have used a bucklick creeck lounger vest for twenty years.... just ordered  a new one to replace it the other day! just my preference!

Footballer

I have used both and would recommend the Ol' Tom vest. The main reason is weight, the Ol' Tom vest is much lighter than the Cabela's vest. I also found the pockets on the Super Tat'r would get in the way of my arms when I was walking- not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

TauntoHawk

I like my Tac tater vest but I have been leaning more on wearing my ol' tom vestless shirt and a backpack.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Footballer

I bought the Ol Tom Essentials vest last year and its been my favorite vest to date. Very light and forces me to only carry the calls I need instead of all the calls I have!

870BkWht

I have tried on the Cabelas Tac Tatr and it may be just me, but I didnt like it.  Too akward feeling.  I bought the Mossy Oak Super Elite III in Obsession instead.  It works for sure.

harleytom

Ol Tom for me. Great storage and seat. I-beam back is very comfortable against a tree. Even a place for my Thermacell

gooblnfever

i like my tater 2 but have been looking at the i beam from ol tom

BIGBOB

Thanks to every one for your help. Am leaning toward a ol tom i beam vest.Thanka  again.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Trey

Quote from: 870BkWht on January 17, 2012, 08:23:41 PM
I have tried on the Cabelas Tac Tatr and it may be just me, but I didnt like it.  Too akward feeling.  I bought the Mossy Oak Super Elite III in Obsession instead.  It works for sure.

Good Vest and Midwest Turkey Supply has them for $70

Bamarich

Bought an Ol Tom a few years ago and eventually went back to my Whitewater leafy vest.  Magnets on pockets didn't always hold secure.