turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington 870 youth model

Started by bigwayne17, February 18, 2011, 01:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigwayne17

I need a cheap choke (< $40) for my little gun. Ive about made up my mind that i want to shoot Hevi 7's out of it.

I read that someone got 150's out of a similar setup with a Gobble stopper Xtreme (.565). With the short barrel I think I might need a tighter constriction than the RSF offers. 150's are good enough for me so I may go with the GSX but before I do I wanted to see if anyone had experience with anything else.

What about the Strut Stopper Xtreme?

I appreciate it

gophert

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/remington-choke-tubes/RemSF

Just ordered my yesterday.  It will shoot everything from Hevi-Shot to Federal HW.  Get's pretty good reviews here on OG.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BrowningGuy88

I am shooting the Gobble Stopper Extreme out of mine with lead #5's and it throws a great dense even pattern out to 50 yards. It is almost too tight for me at 20 cause it is about the size of a girls softball at 20 steps.

Needless to say I put rifle sights on that gun.

Daman

knightrider

i use the tightwad in my sons little 20 works good

surehuntsalot

I use the Carlson .575 in my 870 with the Federal HW #7's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TrkyHntr

For the H-13 #7's, the GSX gave me 150's and the SSX gave me 130's. The RSF also did 130's. The best pattern I got is with a hastings .562 and the Fed HW #7's. That choke and load got in the 170's. That is with a Rem 870 compact with a 21" barrel.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

redleg06

I had the Jellyhead shoot in the 160's with that load and gun. 

Not alot better than what you're getting already but if you want to try and count a few more holes it might be an option for you to look at.

The SSX gave me 150's