OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gabon & Macassar Push Pin

Started by Old Gobbler, January 08, 2012, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

This is the newest design Turkey Hunting Call I have been working on - It has a very authentic punchy sound to it , that I really like -

The whole body ,paddle and push rod of this push pin is Gabon Ebony , but the bottom sound board is a special layup of Macassar Ebony .It has some serious backbone to it , it has the ability to do some barely audible tree yelps all the way up to so ear ringing locator yelps and the whole way through it maintains its authentic tone . I made this up for personal usage

I made up a lanyard for it to keep the call at the ready ,and the lid from being lost , and I can just drop it in a hunting situation with out it making a noise, then lift up the gun on the gobbler silently - The cord keeps the lid locked onto the call when closed snugly - The lanyard can be wrapped up and put inside the call, if it is to go in a pocket or vest-  It has a special paddle stop and Lanyard block, made up my me, with a hand lamination of special cork and Gabon Ebony sandwich , Its silent for hunting - the whole call is made entirely from scratch, by me

I plan on doing a video clip so it can be heard as soon as I can figure out to load up the  Video camera

Thanks for looking--Shannon  

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

a-j calls

Very nice Shannon, hope to see more in the future. :z-winnersmiley:

pappy

Now that will knock their socks off.......should have that one sitting on the table at the Grand Nationals.....tomorrow is the deadline, you got time......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

drenalinld

WOW, you have taken push pins to a whole new level.

handcannon

I really like the looks of that call Shannon. I myself have never given time towards fooling with a push pin call. Looks like I may need to give one a try.

What is the little piece for that you have your name on that resembles a piece of a hair comb?

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

culpeper

I don't know much about these callers and have only run one a couple times, but I know enough about woodworking to know this is solid work and a sharp design.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: handcannon on January 08, 2012, 07:22:50 PM
What is the little piece for that you have your name on that resembles a piece of a hair comb?
Gobbler Beard Comb ....don't leave home without it  :bartsimpson: You never know when you are going to have to comb out some natty 11 inch gobblers bead - 

Implements like this , was one of the ridiculous inside jokes my father used to like to make
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

West Augusta

Dang Shannon, that's some fine craftsmanship right there.
Didn't know that you were making calls but you hit that nail with a sledge hammer.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Hillbilly280

Man u done a AWESOME job on that one my friend.Love a push pin call that sounds good and they are deadly in the woods as well I found that out past year.Great job bud.I am going to learn to make a good one when I get the time.Been thinking about them for a long time.

Bobby
VANOVER GAME CALLS

Houndstooth Game Calls

savduck

Very nice. Pretty piece of ebony.
Georgia Boy

Strut Buster

Ethics & Respect First

M,Yingling

Great lookin caller ,,Looks slick in all black  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Devastator