turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FF2 mounting question + missing screws

Started by bluetick523, February 18, 2011, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluetick523

I just got my FF2 in a little bit ago.  I ordered the one with "no mount".  I also bought the M336 mounting plate.  My first question:  The FF2 came with two different pieces......a very soft flat gasket......and a harder rubber coated plate.  If I understand correctly, I DO NOT use the harder rubber coated plate with the 336 mount.  Is this correct?

Second, my FF2 didn't come with any screws.  I see where they are supposed to be in the foam packaging.......but there are none.  Are these pretty common screws?  I have a pretty decent assortment of "gun screws" at home..........plus, I gotta have a gunsmith drill and tap my SBE.....so hopefully he will have something.  I was just curious if they were an oddball size?

Thanks in advance!!

gobbler74

look in the ff package post..I put up in optics..are you missing the small 6-48' screws? I have a couple extra I will send if you need them..just pm me.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: bluetick523 on February 18, 2011, 12:06:23 PM
I just got my FF2 in a little bit ago.  I ordered the one with "no mount".  I also bought the M336 mounting plate.  My first question:  The FF2 came with two different pieces......a very soft flat gasket......and a harder rubber coated plate.  If I understand correctly, I DO NOT use the harder rubber coated plate with the 336 mount.  Is this correct?

Second, my FF2 didn't come with any screws.  I see where they are supposed to be in the foam packaging.......but there are none.  Are these pretty common screws?  I have a pretty decent assortment of "gun screws" at home..........plus, I gotta have a gunsmith drill and tap my SBE.....so hopefully he will have something.  I was just curious if they were an oddball size?

Thanks in advance!!

my FFII mount was missing the #8-40 screws.  i called customer service and they sent me the screw plus a few extras w/o any issues...  pros to burris' customer service!!! 
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

paladin

You should have two screwsand star washers with the sight.
But you also need two screws with the marlin base.
These are 8-40 screws with a special head. You will need these from burris.
the ones with the sight are common.
"have gun-will travel"

bluetick523

Thanks for the info guys!  I called Burris the other day and they should be sending me some screws. My 336 base came with 3 screws and 3 star washers. My sight didn't come with any. I actually found a couple screws at home that will work too. I'm hoping to get my gun drilled and tapped this week.