OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 1/5/2012

Started by Roostem33, January 04, 2012, 11:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

People sometimes ask, "Do you think God would hear the prayer of some wicked person who called upon Him even in the very last moments of his lifeā€”if that person had done horrible things? Would God pardon a person like that?" Absolutely He would.

Sometimes we have loved ones who died and never made a profession of faith. And we may conclude they did not go to heaven. But we don't know that. Were you with these loved ones in the last moments of their lives? Were you there when they took their last breath? How do you know that he or she did not call on Jesus?

Here is what you do know. God loved them and wanted them to be saved. As 1 Timothy 2:4 says, God "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

I don't want to give false assurance and suggest that everyone is in heaven, because they are not. But I am saying that if they called on the Lord in the last moments of their lives, He pardoned and forgave them.

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks Jody!!!

Follows along nicely with the past Friday devotional.

God Bless,
David B.