turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eotech mounted up!

Started by chatterbox, January 04, 2012, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Well guys, I finally got my picatinny rail for my 835, and got my EOTech mounted. Now just waiting on my Beartooth Combraiser, and she'll be set!
gonna try to dial it in on Sat. Temps are gonna be in the 40's which is about what they are on a cool May morning.

Crappiepro

Sweet!!  Thats a great lookin rig! :z-guntootsmiley:

gob09

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Looks good!!

God Bless,
David B.

chatterbox

Thanks guys! I'm really pleased with how this came out. It does sit a little high, forcing my jaw right on the top of the stock. I won't touch one off till my Beartooth comes in, lol!
If I get to the range on Sat, I will post up some pics!

BOFF

You need to remember, you don't have to be dead center over the stock to use the EoTech. Where ever the dot is, is where the shot will go. It's not like a scope, and having to get centered with the optical axis,  to hit accurately. It is basically parallax free.

God Bless,
David B.

chatterbox

Quote from: BOFF on January 05, 2012, 08:23:38 AM
You need to remember, you don't have to be dead center over the stock to use the EoTech. Where ever the dot is, is where the shot will go. It's not like a scope, and having to get centered with the optical axis,  to hit accurately. It is basically parallax free.

God Bless,
David B.
Is this true when sighting in as well, David?

Hognutz

Nice looking rig. The red dot does not have to be in the center of the scope. It can be anywhere in the viewing field..Also, Mike, You can boresight the red dot just like a scope. It may save you some sight in time..Good luck with the new rig..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BOFF

Quote from: chatterbox on January 05, 2012, 05:02:30 PM
Quote from: BOFF on January 05, 2012, 08:23:38 AM

God Bless,
David B.
Is this true when sighting in as well, David?

Absolutely!!!

God Bless,
David B.

sugarray

Mike,

I sent you a text too, but this is a great looking rig.  Your site is awesome and you have to be stoked!!!

The comb raising kit will help a lot.  It may move some, mine does, and therefore I recommend thinking of some kind of tape or cling.  I don't want to use tape b/c of glue left on the stock.   So I am thinking of using cling wrap of some kind.

Shoot me a call if you want when you get ready.  I have a thumbhole stock though, so you might not have the same problems I do.

Raymond

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

DUCKDIGGLER