OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New For 2012 Burris FastFire III!

Started by BurrisOptics, January 04, 2012, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

I know you guys have been waiting for news on the new FastFire III so here is what I can tell you about it.

You can find a lot of information on Midway at this point but here is a picture and my description of the improvements.

Some things should jump out at you right away.

The dreaded lock screws on the back of the sight have been removed and the adjustment screws have been replaced with click adjustments that you can adjust with a cartridge rim.

What you can't see too well is that there is now a battery cover on the top of the sight directly behind the glass.  No more need to rezero after a battery change. 

The on/off switch has been moved forward and was replaced with a rubber push button that now cycles through auto, low, medium, and high settings before going back to the off position.

The production models will also have a low batter indicator.

The protective cover will be clear so if you choose to leave it on while you are in the field then you can see right through it. 

The thing that jumped out at me when I saw the first prototypes was the dots were perfectly round.  Even on high power you didn't get the starburst effect that you see on nearly all reddot sights.  We're hoping that is something that will be carried over to the production models.  Typically the production models are nicer than prototypes. 

The sight has the same footprint as the old version as far as the guide pins and mounting screws are concerned.  The only difference is the the new sight is slightly longer by about 1/16th of an inch.  The extra length is towards the front and not the rear. 

I'm sure you guys have some questions so fire away.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

bird

Will the III utilize the same mounts and protector as the I and II?
And when will the III be available with the 4moa dot?

BurrisOptics

Mounts - yes
protector - no
These should be available at some point in the first quarter.

Shellwaster

I'm currently having a picatinny rail customized to fit my single shot, will this new site fit on a standard rail? Will this unit be waterproof? What will the msrp be on this one? And most importantly, need a field tester?

I think y'all may have made the perfect sight.

Shellwaster

Sorry, I got excited and should have checked midway before asking my questions. I would still like to offer my services as a field tester though  :icon_thumright:

sugarray

Quote from: Shellwaster on January 04, 2012, 08:04:54 PM

And most importantly, need a field tester?

NOPE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Any chance we can get a group buy on these?

God Bless,
David B.

SWAMPFOX

Arkansawyer

Awesome!

Yall need to get Cabelas to carry these ASAP.  (I've got a bunch of credit there from a gift return)

BurrisOptics

Cabelas will be stocking it as soon as I have some available.

You'll have to talk to Gobbler74 about anything to do with a buy.