OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which turkey gun.

Started by chrmayo, January 04, 2012, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winchester

I would likely side with the browning! While the 835's are definitely good perfromers, the Browning is a MUCH higher quality gun. You may have to do a lil experimenting with chokes and loads, but you can likely find a combo that will work well with this gun. I shoot a Benelli Super Black Eagle myself, with a 24 in barrel and a Kicks GT .655 tube with Win Xtended range #6's and I am really happy with the performance.
I live for the Rut and Strut!

DUCKDIGGLER

Personally my pick would be the Browning. I have the exact gun and she's a keeper! Had a few 835s....they pattern damn fine but I like my shotguns a touch more....shall we say....refined! To each his own.  :smiley-char092:

Old Gobbler

here is what to do----- Ask to shoot your friends browning with a turkey choke in it ..... if it shoots fantastic and point of aim , then your choice will be made easier for you --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

maustypsu

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 10, 2012, 10:02:04 PM
here is what to do----- Ask to shoot your friends browning with a turkey choke in it ..... if it shoots fantastic and point of aim , then your choice will be made easier for you --Shannon

That's the only advice you've gotten so far the rest were just opinions - including my earlier post.  I forgot that you could actually shoot on of these.  And Shannon is right, if the Browning patterns well for you it is a no brainer.

DKA

I had much rather have the Browning!!

mdtkyhntr

I'd take the Browning in a heart beat. I have not been impressed with the quality of Mossberg.

gob09

what would be nice is if you could shhot bothand compare them side by side browning is no dout a better quality but the 935 might out shoot it

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

redarrow

surehuntsalot

if you are wanting a turkey gun,it would be Mossberg hands down
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

7shooter

Having owned and shot both. If your looking for the best patterns with a variety of loads and chokes get the Mossberg.

chrmayo

Thanks to everyone for the opinions. I have decided to save my money. im trading for a winchester 1300nwtf 2moro. Gonna see what it will do in the next few weeks.
-MAYO-

bird

Quote from: chrmayo on January 17, 2012, 08:07:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for the opinions. I have decided to save my money. im trading for a winchester 1300nwtf 2moro. Gonna see what it will do in the next few weeks.

:icon_thumright: