OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which turkey gun.

Started by chrmayo, January 04, 2012, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrmayo

Im looking for a gun just for turkeys. I was dead set on a 935 turkey model. I came across a couple used ones in great shape for good money. Then a friend offered to sell me his Browning Gold Hunter in 3.5 with the 26" barrel and MOBU camo. The Browning is older but still in great shape. Im only looking at a little over 100bux difference in the 2. What would make the better turkey gun?
-MAYO-

BHhunter

I can't speak for the Browning, but I just bought a 935 and love it. I posted some pattern pics a short while back, and I was amazed at the pattern I got. I'm sure Browning is a great gun, but I bet you'll get a pretty bias opinion on here for the 935.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have owned the Browning 3.5 Gold and it's one heck of a shotgun.  But it won't out shoot my 835 or the same can be said for a 935.  But if you want the better made shotgun, the Browning for $100 more would be the way to go.  They still shoot damn good.  I sold mine because I added a 835 later on and fell in love with the way the 835 shot tighter denser patterns.  If you want the better shooting shotgun, get the 935. 

paradis1142

maustypsu

I've owned both.

Still have the Browning and don't miss the Mossy.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: maustypsu on January 05, 2012, 08:10:40 PM
I've owned both.

Still have the Browning and don't miss the Mossy.

I sold my Browning after buying the 835.  And I don't miss the Browning.  I kept the better shooter. 

dirt road ninja

If only for turkey, the mossy. Your resale and quality will be higher with browning.

cannonball

I would rather have the Mossberg for turkey hunting.

bird

reynolds243

browning with no hesitation.

bunk

jtg88

Another vote for the Browning.  The Gold is one of the best shotguns they ever made.  I wish they hadn't discontinued them.

rempumpman

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Newram05