News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Has Anyone Seen This?

Started by st8tman, December 27, 2011, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maustypsu

Quote from: st8tman on January 01, 2012, 10:35:24 PM
This will hopefully be the sight I buy for my current "turkey project". What size dot will others be buying; 3 moa or 8 moa? Reasons? Thanks for your time.

3.  Definitely 3.

if you had an 8moa and he got close enough you could shoot his acorns off!!!   :fud:

gobbler74

Quote from: gobble157 on January 02, 2012, 10:51:14 PM
You don't want the 7 MOA...it covers the whole turkeys head

Not such a bad thing. but as mentioned too close may not be comfortable
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

8 MOA will have a 2" dot on target at 25 and a 4" dot at 50 according to those that created the "MOA'  ;D I dont think that would be so bad for turkeys on a shotgun but thats just my opinion 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

decoykrvr

The release from Midway states that the picatinny mount is optional.  Does anyone know if the Marlin 336 base will work w/ th FF3?

BurrisOptics

Quote from: decoykrvr on January 04, 2012, 02:06:51 PM
The release from Midway states that the picatinny mount is optional.  Does anyone know if the Marlin 336 base will work w/ th FF3?

Yes it will

BurrisOptics

I'm going with the 8 personally.

paradis1142

I would prefer the smallest dot that I can still see easily.

BurrisOptics

There was a pretty lengthy discussion on dot sizes.  My preference would have been to keep the 4 that we had before.  IMO the 3 is just too small to find quickly not that you should need to find it all that fast for what we are using it for.  The 8 looked really nice and I figure it's smaller than my shot pattern will be so it should work real well.  The dot is better than on any red dot I've seen to date.  Hopefully the production models will be the same way. 

Not to rub it in but, I have mine.  Where's yours? ;D

bird

Just waiting for you to send me mine with a 4moa!

C J Stahly