turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

green dot for 1187

Started by TREEDOG, December 22, 2011, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TREEDOG

Looking for green dot can be red as well. Trying to find one that not like a scope but square "Sry don't know what they are called"  put on gun going to be used for turkey
and bird hunting.  All the ones I have seen for 100.00 or less don't say anything about shock proof or water proof.

I don't know if that's important but I not sure on what to get.
Any help would be great. Try get something around 100.00 but I can save if it is must to spend more. I live in south Alabama and we do get a lot of rain.

Thanks.

chatterbox

Quote from: TREEDOG on December 22, 2011, 04:35:35 PM
Looking for green dot can be red as well. Trying to find one that not like a scope but square "Sry don't know what they are called"  put on gun going to be used for turkey
and bird hunting.  All the ones I have seen for 100.00 or less don't say anything about shock proof or water proof.

I don't know if that's important but I not sure on what to get.
Any help would be great. Try get something around 100.00 but I can save if it is must to spend more. I live in south Alabama and we do get a lot of rain.

Thanks.
Here ya go. Free shipping. Waterproof, shockproof, fogproof.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-trophy-1x28-red-green-riflescope.html

TREEDOG

Thanks. But that's the scope. I was looking for the other kind  REFLEX sight? What I think its called.

chatterbox

The Mueller red dot reflex sights are around 100.00 at optics planet. I have tried the red/green, and honestly the green washes out.
IMO, I would pick up the Mueller red dot. They are waterproof, shockproof and fogproof. I did find red/green reflex sights, but none stated shockproof.
The only 3 sights in that price range I would but are the Mueller, Bushnell and this one.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8316.msg97703.html#msg97703
This last one is a red/green reticle.

ncturkey

Has anyone actully used one of the these for turkey hunting? How good does it hold zero? Does it have a good feild of view?

chatterbox

Quote from: ncturkey on December 23, 2011, 08:33:10 AM
Has anyone actully used one of the these for turkey hunting? How good does it hold zero? Does it have a good feild of view?
According to Brad(ILIKEHEVI-13), he has had good luck with the Truglo sight. I have never used one, so I can't comment on them.

TREEDOG

Order the mueller. Thanks guys.

chatterbox