only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

All problems solved

Started by longspur, December 22, 2011, 04:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

if the rich would just pay there fair share

Tail Feathers

If EVERYONE would pay their fair share and quit expecting the govt. to pay THEM money to not work... :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

gob09

dirt road ninja

The problem is not the wealthy. They pay more then their share. It is the lazy something for nothing folks that are the problem. Housing, medical care, cars, higher education, clothes, and most things I work for. ARE NOT RIGHTS they are privileges. I know more then a few folks who started out with nothing and are now very well off. I also know people who started with everything and now have nothing.

I have no problem with helping out somebody that fell on hard times, but don't make a living off the rest of us.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

bird

Quote from: longspur on December 22, 2011, 04:22:43 AM

Here are the Top 3 Results from a Google search of "Who pays the most taxes in the US?"

http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/guess-who-really-pays-the-taxes

Source: The American

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don't include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandtheirs/a/whopaysmost.htm

Source: US GOV INFO or usgovinfo.about.com

Feeling overtaxed? Under the U.S. income tax system, most of the taxes collected are supposed to be paid by the people who make the most money. Thanks to President Bush's tax cuts, that is exactly the way the system works, says the U.S. Treasury Department.

According to the Office of Tax Analysis, the U.S. individual income tax is "highly progressive," with a small group of higher-income taxpayers paying most of the individual income taxes each year.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/sr151.pdf

Source: The Tax Foundation

Key Findings:
• The question of who pays taxes is important, but so is the question of who receives government spending. Some Americans clearly receive more government spending in exchange for their tax dollars than others;
• America's lowest-earning one-fifth of households receives roughly $8.21 in government spending for each dollar of taxes paid. Households with middle-incomes receive $1.30 per tax dollar, and America's highest-earning households receive $0.41 per tax dollar;
• Government spending targeted at the lowest-earning 60 percent of U.S. households is larger than what they paid in taxes in 2004. Overall between $1.03 trillion and $1.53 trillion was redistributed downward from the two highest income quin-tiles to the three lowest income quin-tiles through government taxes and spending;
• Looking at taxes alone doesn't tell us how much America's fiscal system is helping or hurting low-income households. To answer that, we must look at government spending as well. Lawmakers who ignore government spending may be making decisions based on an incorrect set of facts about the United States fiscal system.

So you see.... The major problem in the U.S. isn't the Tax System and who pays what.  Its all about spending more that you take in.  Entitlements such as WELFARE and the people that live off of WELFARE is a major contributor of the problems that we all face as citizens of this great nation.

bird

gob09

im not rich by no means... but im awhole lot better off than i was as a kid and it aint because somebody gave it to me either
like dirtroadninja my wife and i worked very very hard for what little luxeries we do have..
this isnt really on topic but i thought it was kinda funny and true from phil valintines show
FT. WORTH -- Every night, 10 men met at a restaurant for dinner. At the end of the meal, the bill would arrive. They owed
$100 for the food that they shared. Every night they lined up in the same order at the cash
register.

The first four men paid nothing at all.

The fifth, grumbling about unfairness of the situation, paid only $1.

The sixth man, feeling very generous, paid $3.

The next three men paid $7, $12 and $18, respectively.

The last man was required to pay the remaining balance, $59. He realized that he was forced to pay for not only his own meal
but the unpaid balance left by the first five men, but did not protest.

However, the 10 men were quite settled into their routine when the restaurant threw them into chaos by announcing that it was
cutting its prices. Now dinner for the 10 men would only cost $80.

This clearly would not affect the first four men. They still ate for free.

The fifth and sixth men both claimed their piece of the $20 right away.

The fifth decided to forgo his $1 contribution.

The sixth pitched in $2.

The seventh man deducted $2 from his usual payment and paid $5.

The eighth man paid $9.

The ninth man paid $12,

leaving the last man with a bill of $52.

Outside of the restaurant, the men began to compare their individual savings
from the $20 reduction,and angry outbursts began to erupt.

The sixth man yelled, "I only got $1 back out of the $20, and he got $7," pointing at the last man.

The fifth man joined in. "Yeah! I only got $1 too. It is unfair that he got seven times more than me."

The seventh man cried, "Why should he get $7 back when I only got $2?"

The nine men formed an outraged mob, surrounding the 10th man. The first four men followed the lead of the others: "We
didn't get any of the $20. Where is our share?" The nine angry men carried the 10th man up to the top of a hill and lynched
him.

The next night, the nine remaining men met at the restaurant for dinner.

But when the bill came, there was no one to pay it.

gob09

by the way poverty is a very good motivater

a-j calls

I have no problem with helping out somebody that fell on hard times, but don't make a living off the rest of us.

Both of my neighbors, in their 40's, neither work, both usually drunk, both recently got out of jail for multiple DUI, and parole violations, both collecting unemployment and food help...
just a couple lazy, social, leeches.

Struttinhusker

Nice to see the spirit of the old Ebenezer lives on.  Bah! Humbug!

longspur

Quote from: bird on December 22, 2011, 08:45:27 AM

Here are the Top 3 Results from a Google search of "Who pays the most taxes in the US?"

http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/guess-who-really-pays-the-taxes

Source: The American

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don't include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandtheirs/a/whopaysmost.htm

Source: US GOV INFO or usgovinfo.about.com

Feeling overtaxed? Under the U.S. income tax system, most of the taxes collected are supposed to be paid by the people who make the most money. Thanks to President Bush's tax cuts, that is exactly the way the system works, says the U.S. Treasury Department.

According to the Office of Tax Analysis, the U.S. individual income tax is "highly progressive," with a small group of higher-income taxpayers paying most of the individual income taxes each year.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/sr151.pdf

Source: The Tax Foundation

Key Findings:
• The question of who pays taxes is important, but so is the question of who receives government spending. Some Americans clearly receive more government spending in exchange for their tax dollars than others;
• America's lowest-earning one-fifth of households receives roughly $8.21 in government spending for each dollar of taxes paid. Households with middle-incomes receive $1.30 per tax dollar, and America's highest-earning households receive $0.41 per tax dollar;
• Government spending targeted at the lowest-earning 60 percent of U.S. households is larger than what they paid in taxes in 2004. Overall between $1.03 trillion and $1.53 trillion was redistributed downward from the two highest income quin-tiles to the three lowest income quin-tiles through government taxes and spending;
• Looking at taxes alone doesn't tell us how much America's fiscal system is helping or hurting low-income households. To answer that, we must look at government spending as well. Lawmakers who ignore government spending may be making decisions based on an incorrect set of facts about the United States fiscal system.

So you see.... The major problem in the U.S. isn't the Tax System and who pays what.  Its all about spending more that you take in.  Entitlements such as WELFARE and the people that live off of WELFARE is a major contributor of the problems that we all face as citizens of this great nation.

bird

You must be one of them tea baggers. Just look at the space you wasted. It should have been saved and given to someone less fortunate. You know like someone that just headed north with nothing but there shirt. Or better yet give it to Nancy or George. I hear they are hitting it pretty rough.

turkey slayer

bird

Now that made a whole lot of sense longspur.  If you want to talk about who is wasting space then I would have to say it was this thread to begin with.  You brought up an issue and I responded with an intelligent post and what do you do?  You resort to name calling and some nonsense mumbo jumbo. Typical

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 22, 2011, 07:54:11 AM
If EVERYONE would pay their fair share and quit expecting the govt. to pay THEM money to not work... :icon_thumright:
I agree 100%, 49% of Americans pay NO Tax!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

longspur

Quote from: gob09 on December 22, 2011, 07:56:08 AM
YOUR KIDDIN RIGHT??
yes I am gob. but I guess it wasn't too funny. sorry.