OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Make you slap yo mama

Started by savduck, December 21, 2011, 07:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

My buddy Drenalinld sent me a small christmas gift, a very nice bacon sampler. In honor of his generosity, I had to come up with a recipe that would incorporate the bacon and share it with fellow waterfowlers. I used this recipe on chicken so my kids would eat it, but I know using a big old mallard breast in leau of the chicken would be a knock out( I know cause I ate it tonight). This is my own thing so Im calling it Crow's stuffed breast.

Vittles needed.

1. Breast from Fowl
2. Kroger sun dried tomato vinargrette salad dressing
3. Thick cut Peppered bacon ( I used Petit Jean brand......cut from a big ol Arkansas Hog)
4. Crumbled Feta cheese with Basil and Sundried tomato
5. Artichoke Hearts
6. Yellow Onion
7. Baby Bella Mushroom
8. Worchester sauce
9. Soy Sauce
10. Salt and pepper
Georgia Boy

savduck

1. Wake up in the morning, cut a slit in the center of the breast forming a pocket. Marinate in the salad dressing all day while your at work, in the Frig.

2. Dice up the veggies and simmer them in a pan with a little olive oil, couple splashes of soy and worchester, pinch of salt and pepper. Take you four or five strips of bacon and dice them up. Throw about two pieces worth in with the veggies while simmering. Set the rest aside.

3. When Veggies are cooked, take a big spoon and add them into the center of the breast where you made the split. Add in some more bacon and the feta cheese. Use some tooth picks or string to kinda shut the breast pocket you cut.

4. Take breast and put it on the grill just long enough to blacken both sides. Remove and put in a roasting pan. You will probably have left over veggies. Put them in the bacon pan with their juices. bake the chicken for about 30 to 45 minutes until done.

5. Serve with some Brown wild rice. Take the juice and extra veggies and pour over the breast. EAT UNTIL YOUR BELLY HURTS.

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Man that sounds good. I wish you were up here this week, we would smash some mallards and try that out!!!

savduck

Man, wish I could be there too. Ill be traveling again in another year or two. We'll make sure we cook em up during turkey season.

Im gonna figure out how to get some crab meat in the mix by the next batch I make.
Georgia Boy

misfire

Making me hungry.
I finally figured out a way for goose that is amazing. Soaked for three days in a salt water brine. Then sloce the breast into little steaks. Sprinkle minced onion, minced garlic, applewood rub and brown sugar on each side. Wrap in bacon and throw on the smoker for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees. Made a batch for Christmas and there only tow pieces left. Gonna slpa those on some biscuits
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net