turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

GOP Candidates stances on Guns.....

Started by bird, December 20, 2011, 08:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Too bad Bachman and Paul are pretty much done with in the race.
Looks like it is between Newt and Mitt.

bird

Quote from: TeocTom on December 20, 2011, 09:03:32 PM

Well I know that may be true but until then I am going to give my support to Michelle Backmann in the Iowa Caucus here in a few days.  I have to go with my core beliefs and conscience.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: bird on December 20, 2011, 09:11:08 PM
Quote from: TeocTom on December 20, 2011, 09:03:32 PM

Well I know that may be true but until then I am going to give my support to Michelle Backmann in the Iowa Caucus here in a few days.  I have to go with my core beliefs and conscience.

I really hope the GOP has a serious candidate that can take on this guy we have in there now. We need to make Newt and Mitt answer up about this since they are the ones that look to be the front runners. I wish Paul would have don better myself. The GOP has to pull this thing together and get real about what we believe and stand for as conservatives and drawing a hard line about it.

bird

Paul will never be taken serious when he starts talking about his Foreign Policy's ideas. 

Eric Gregg

Things are changing. Here in MS, the Rep. just took control of the house and senate. That has never happened since reconstruction. And, we have a Rep gov too. One thing about it, we all agree that Mr. Obama needs to go. Next year we can rallie and get it done :you_rock:

longspur

Newt will never stand behind gun owners. He may say so, and he may sign a survey, but if he gets elected it won't mean doodily squat to a christmas tree. He stood behind the misdemeanor disqualification. Thousands of people are disqualified from owing a gun for life because of some bull crap charge they plead guilty to 40 years ago because it was the easiest thing to do, without even knowing the consequences.

bird

Quote from: longspur on December 20, 2011, 10:30:35 PM
Newt will never stand behind gun owners. He may say so, and he may sign a survey, but if he gets elected it won't mean doodily squat to a christmas tree. He stood behind the misdemeanor disqualification. Thousands of people are disqualified from owing a gun for life because of some bull crap charge they plead guilty to 40 years ago because it was the easiest thing to do, without even knowing the consequences.

I think Newt is starting to Fizzle out fairly quick now.

mossy835

Another thing to consider is the VP person's stance on firearms but that will come later. A group I belong to is trying to force Newt and others to stand up and be counted but they are not getting anywhere. The NRA seems silent also but we need to remove Obummer first and foremost in the end. A clear message needs to go out to the Republican party that support is linked to our rights and our votes follow that choice. Going to keep an eye on this also.
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

mossy835

For those of you on FaceBook the candidates all have a PAGE where you can post you likes and dislikes. Huckabee reads his or has them read and is always asking for opinions. I did notice a lot of posts on Newts page about a subject and he started speaking about the topic so someone is paying attention to the trends. Maybe if we all that are on FaceBook spoke our mind in a respectful way the gun control issue will come out. I actually tell them if they want my vote lets hear you speak on gun control and then get a written commitment to support us for a vote otherwise bon voyage.

stinkpickle