News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hard to swallow this news

Started by wisconsinteacher, December 20, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on December 20, 2011, 06:08:12 PM
Man I hate being the black sheep, this is two pages of butt kissing. you are going to go and make you your wife and your mil misrable, why do you want to walk around the yard for two days looking at the pink flamingos while your wife and her mother visit, leave them alone let them have a good time. don't let you and your wife being mad at each other for a week or two stop you from introducing these children to the great outdoors and possibly going in the wrong direction. so "man up" take the kids hunting.

:icon_thumright: My thoughts exactly!

TurkeyScratch

Quote from: BOFF on December 20, 2011, 01:41:50 PM
I approve of your decision to be with your wife. Also, if you can find it in your heart to love your mother in law, regardless of her actions, it often takes loving others first before they can love at all.

Not an easy thing to do, but usually, other people act the way they do for reasons  unseen by us.

God Bless,
David B.
:icon_thumright:

Enjoy your time together!

Dbrnmllr

I know that my wife needs all the support I can give when she visits her family.  Bunch of .......... They always gang up on her and tell her what a bad person SHE is and crap like that.  So I know you are making the right decision to be there if she needs your support.  As for the kids, I know that is a rewarding experience, but take pride in the planning and enjoy the fact that some other guy will get to experience the hunt with a young adult.

wisconsinteacher

Thanks for the kind words guys.  I am one of the guys that round up the kids and screen them for the program because I work with most of them.  I will be there for the kids to learn about turkey biology, shooting shotguns, and meeting their mentor.  I will miss two days of hunting one on one with a kid.  I know it will all work out in the end, but missing it after 5 years is hard to do.  I get to hunt, fish, and trap every weekend of the year, so I guess I can handle missing one.

BOFF

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on December 20, 2011, 07:49:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I am one of the guys that round up the kids and screen them for the program because I work with most of them.  I will be there for the kids to learn about turkey biology, shooting shotguns, and meeting their mentor.  I will miss two days of hunting one on one with a kid.  I know it will all work out in the end, but missing it after 5 years is hard to do.  I get to hunt, fish, and trap every weekend of the year, so I guess I can handle missing one.

No telling though, of the extra support, and help you will receive in the long run, when someone else steps up to fill your spot in the hunt.

It may be for the best of the overall program in the long run. Not writing your not doing your job, but you may gain in the long run, which benefits the kids.

God Bless,
David B.

Eric Gregg

Hunts come and go, but your spouse is there for life. I applaud your determination and committment for the mentor hunt, but your wife will applaud your committment to her more than that.
Unfortunately, messed up events cause messed up family situations and we have to work with them. I will be in prayer that your wife and mother in law will allow God inside whatever happened so that He can bring healing.
Jesus said "Blessed are the peace makers for they shall inherit the Kingdom of God". May God use you to help bring peace :jesus-cross:

ccleroy

Quote from: 2ounce6s on December 21, 2011, 08:57:25 AM
One thing is for sure, marriage ain't for everyone and try as they might some never find happiness in it. Everyone's experience is different and no two are the same. I've been on both sides of happiness in the past so my priorities are what they are for very good reasons. I truly hope those of you who feel that my earlier comment here was "butt kissing" will find your own happiness in the future. I feel some comments here came from bitterness due to prior experiences and I understand. No judging on this end, only wishing you the best.

Your posts are always filled with great advice Theron! I've been there and agree whole heartily buddy.

mossy835

Quote from: 2ounce6s on December 21, 2011, 08:57:25 AM
One thing is for sure, marriage ain't for everyone and try as they might some never find happiness in it. Everyone's experience is different and no two are the same. I've been on both sides of happiness in the past so my priorities are what they are for very good reasons. I truly hope those of you who feel that my earlier comment here was "butt kissing" will find your own happiness in the future. I feel some comments here came from bitterness due to prior experiences and I understand. No judging on this end, only wishing you the best.
Things happen for reasons we sometimes can not control and it leaves it's effect on us. The problem with written words is they are flat without emotion and we sometimes read into a post the wrong intent, I know I have done it. It may be without any malice or ill will from the poster and that is life. If it were conversation the true meaning of statements would be better understood. I for one did not take your comment as anything bad or ill willed. Life goes on and so should we, good luck.

lightsoutcalls

If you have a few minutes, below is a link to a devotional from February of this year.  I think it applies...

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,526.msg4665.html#msg4665

It took me over 23 years to really understand it.  I hope to have at least another 23 years to enjoy it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

FANMAN

I don't understand what's  "Hard to swallow",,If you love your spouse...and she want's you with her...GO WITH HER.

BOFF

Quote from: FANMAN on December 22, 2011, 10:08:01 AM
I don't understand what's  "Hard to swallow",,If you love your spouse...and she want's you with her...GO WITH HER.

Speaking for my self, and being in most of the above situations, and trying most all of the above solutions, I can see the hard to swallow part due to my selfishness which I battle with on a weekly basis. A whole lot better as it used to be day to day. But for a man to put so much of his time in a project, and time with the kids, it's a tough decision to decide sometimes.

Speaking from experience, it can be dangerous when we put more time in something other than our spouse. It certainly shows where our priorities are at that moment. I'm not talking about just physical time, but mental, emotional, and spiritual as well. 

Just something for each of you to chew on, and spit out however you see fit.

As mentioned in Wendell's devotional on 12/21/2011 my middle name is often "Martha"

God Bless,
David B.

wisconsinteacher

The hard to swallow part comes from not being in the woods, but sitting with people that don't care for me or my wife.  Being with my wife is great and we share a lot of time together in the woods and on the water.  Maybe that will make it easier to understand.