turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hard to swallow this news

Started by wisconsinteacher, December 20, 2011, 09:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Well, my wife and her mom do not have the best relationship so they don't see each other very often.  They made the deal, meet at Christmas or Easter.  If we did Christmas, I would miss some ice fishing and trapping which I can give up.  Easter would mean missing the mentor hunt that I help run.  Well today her mom called and said come down for Easter.  So for the first time in 5 years, I will not be taking a kid hunting on the mentor hunt.  I am going to help set it up but will not be able to hunt.  I know I need to do this for my wife, but it is hard to swallow knowing guys will be hunting with kids, and I will be looking at people that do not care for me. 

bird

Let the wife deal with her mom and you go on your hunt.

stinkpickle

Woodsman4God

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on December 20, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
I know I need to do this for my wife 

I applaud you and your wife will thank you, probably in some way that helps make up for the loss of your hunt.

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: Woodsman4God on December 20, 2011, 10:45:19 AM
Quote from: wisconsinteacher on December 20, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
I know I need to do this for my wife 

I applaud you and your wife will thank you, probably in some way that helps make up for the loss of your hunt.

x2

redarrow

Your wife needs your support. A husbands place is beside his wife. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

pappy

Quote from: redarrow on December 20, 2011, 11:08:37 AM
Your wife needs your support. A husbands place is beside his wife. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:
I agree with this statement, there will always be the hunt, you really need to man up and swallow your pride, as, according to the Gospels, you are no longer twain, but one.......I'll keep this in our prayers for restitution , you never know, things may work out before hand and both of you will get what you want..........
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mossy835

Set up the hunt try and get a sub for your hunter. Go with your wife knowing you did the best for her and  the youth hunt. Things have a way of working out for the best in trying times. :jesus-cross:

CASH

The Gospel doesn't say anything about dealing with the mother-IN-LAW
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: redarrow on December 20, 2011, 11:08:37 AM

You said the relationship is strained between wife and M-I-L.  Your presence with your wife shows a support for her that she likely needs going into an environment that may be uncomfortable for her.  I know that wanting to take a kid on a hunt weighs heavy, but there is no "covenant" relationship there.  It's a tough pill to swallow sometimes, but the sacrifices you make to build and maintain a relationship with your wife will pay dividends in the long run. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

I approve of your decision to be with your wife. Also, if you can find it in your heart to love your mother in law, regardless of her actions, it often takes loving others first before they can love at all.

Not an easy thing to do, but usually, other people act the way they do for reasons  unseen by us.

God Bless,
David B.

handcannon

Schedule one or the other a day or two earlier than planned and knock them both out. If that is impossible, better get someone with a camera to video the hunt for later. I'm pretty sure you know the cold look you'd get if you say "I aint goin, I'm goin hunting".

bird

:turkey2:
Quote from: CASH on December 20, 2011, 11:53:01 AM
The Gospel doesn't say anything about dealing with the mother-IN-LAW

:icon_thumright:

woodwzrd

The act of organizing the mentoring hunt alone says a lot about the kind of man you are. The act of you supporting your wife in an obvious time of need says scores more about the kind of man you are. I have had a very similar marriage to what 2ounce6s described and if I could do it all over again I would definitely change some things. I can't make those changes now but I can sure make a daily effort to be a better husband than I was 17 years ago. A wise man once told me that the secret to a happy marriage is to always consider your spouses needs before your own and it sounds like you are well on your way to just that.

stone road turkey calls

Man I hate being the black sheep, this is two pages of butt kissing. you are going to go and make you your wife and your mil misrable, why do you want to walk around the yard for two days looking at the pink flamingos while your wife and her mother visit, leave them alone let them have a good time. don't let you and your wife being mad at each other for a week or two stop you from introducing these children to the great outdoors and possibly going in the wrong direction. so "man up" take the kids hunting.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call