OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Did you know this?

Started by barry, December 19, 2011, 02:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

I did not and was amazed to find out the following...
Many people may have forgotten about his time in the U.S. Army. He is the son of an Air Force General, and an accomplished Golden Gloves boxer.  He graduated from Pomona College with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University . He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated from both Army Airborne and Ranger training in the very top of each class. He was selected for U. S. Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain. He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him.
I won't give away who it is. You should just watch. I bet you will be surprised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-A7eqadho&feature=related

TClark

Awesome, thanks for posting!
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

Struttinhusker

I did not know that.  Now I do thanks to you.  Good post.

Hognutz

To tell you the truth. I did know a lot of the bio that you posted, Barry. But not all. I knew he was a Rhode's scholar. I knew he was a ranger and a heicopter pilot. In fact, after he was out of the service, it is my understanding that he flew choppers that serviced off shore oil rigs. Before he knew Johnny Cash, he supposedly landed a chopper in Cash's back yard to deliver the song "Sunday Morning Coming Down." He had written it, and knew that it was the perfect song for him. Guess it worked..

Great thread, Barry. That was quite a video to watch. It had me in tears..Thanks..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

redarrow

Eric Gregg

Awesome. So, what is he doing hanging out with Willie?

Struttinhusker

Quote from: TeocTom on December 19, 2011, 10:31:55 PM
Awesome. So, what is he doing hanging out with Willie?

He is a good friend of Willie.  Both were members of The Highwaymen along with Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings.

WildTigerTrout

I did'nt look but your talking about Kris Kristofferson. Very talented gentlemen and one GREAT songwriter.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

catdaddy

I don't care for him.  Admittedly--he has an affable persona -- but he describes himself as "Left of Liberal" and is a huge Obama fan.

Hognutz

He is definitely a left winger. I like his music. His political view? Not so much..

pappy

A man is described often by his views instead of his sacrifices, I applaud Kris for his (sacrifices). If you were standing next to him during this display of good ol' honest tear jerking and heart pullin' event, could you deny his love for his country and its service men and women? To see such an emotional expression on the face of this man, is an honor to those who are still sacrificing their time and all too often their lives, again, I applaud Kris.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

WildTigerTrout

He served his country and has every right to express his views and opinions. I may not agree with him but he has earned the right. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an BTW I love his music. It's about REAL life.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

mossy835

Putting aside his political views he served, he supports this country he has had a successful career in music and was recognized for the above by his peers.

Hognutz

Quote from: mossy835 on December 20, 2011, 11:37:11 AM
Putting aside his political views he served, he supports this country he has had a successful career in music and was recognized for the above by his peers.

Agreed. He has the right to lean any way he likes. The speech that he gave was moving. It certainly touched me..It was obvious that he loves his country and has all due respect for Vets, then and now. I like the man. I like his music. Just don't happen to share his views, politically..