turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kim Jong who cares, dead..

Started by Kylongspur88, December 18, 2011, 10:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Struttinhusker

Whether it's some liberals comparing some conservatives to Hitler or conservatives trying to compare the election of Obama to what happened in Nazi Germany, it doesn't work.  That's been the conventional wisdom in political debate for a long time.

(Added) I did not bring this topic up again.  This is a response to a post that immediately preceded it that has been deleted.

lightsoutcalls

I'll agree that you can't compare either argument (republican or democrat) detail for detail with hitler or nazi Germany.  I'll also be happy to concede that BOTH sides of the political machine need a complete overhaul.

Where I do see a comparison with obama is the way people in Germany were swayed to accept things they might not have otherwise due to the charisma of a man with an agenda.  No, the agendas of the 2 persons being compared are not alike.  However, when viewed against the history of this nation, it isn't far fetched to see that serious detrimental changes have been made to foundational principles of this nation since November of 2008.  No, they haven't resulted in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of a single race.  They haven't resulted in mutilations and grotesque scientific experimentation on humans.  They have, however, resulted in and eroding of Judeo-Christian values, family values and common decency and morality.  They have compromised the financial future of this nation and sold us further into debt to countries that want to dominate the U.S. 

It is not to be blamed entirely on obama and the democrats!  We, the people have a voice.  Too often we complain to each other, but few contact their representatives to remind them that we vote and they will face re-election.  Too few of us make an effort to voice our disdain for "change" that goes against our core beliefs.  If we don't like it, it is our responsibility to foster change.  Left to their own devices, republicans and democrats alike will continue to make their decisions based on greed and self-preservation regardless of what it costs their fellow Americans or this nation and its rightful place as a super-power in the world.  Our brave service men and women did not sacrifice their lives for the U.S. to become a third world nation. 

I admit I have been guilty of making the aforementioned comparison, and was wrong to do so.  When we stoop to using historic atrocities to generically compare our disapproval for current leaders or situations, we miss the point.  We do, however, need to identify specific issues that have, are and likely will contribute to the demise of society, freedoms, morality and the future of this country.  I am equally disgusted with both sides of the political coin for the simple fact that both sides are dominated by greed and their own agendas.  It seems that the improvement of the nation has taken a back seat to doing favors for lobbying groups and trying to promote personal agendas.  Common sense and decency are on the verge of extinction in Washington. 

That's my soapbox rant for the day. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Eric Gregg

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on December 23, 2011, 09:56:59 AM
I'll agree that you can't compare either argument (republican or democrat) detail for detail with hitler or nazi Germany.  I'll also be happy to concede that BOTH sides of the political machine need a complete overhaul.

Where I do see a comparison with obama is the way people in Germany were swayed to accept things they might not have otherwise due to the charisma of a man with an agenda.  No, the agendas of the 2 persons being compared are not alike.  However, when viewed against the history of this nation, it isn't far fetched to see that serious detrimental changes have been made to foundational principles of this nation since November of 2008.  No, they haven't resulted in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of a single race.  They haven't resulted in mutilations and grotesque scientific experimentation on humans.  They have, however, resulted in and eroding of Judeo-Christian values, family values and common decency and morality.  They have compromised the financial future of this nation and sold us further into debt to countries that want to dominate the U.S. 

It is not to be blamed entirely on obama and the democrats!  We, the people have a voice.  Too often we complain to each other, but few contact their representatives to remind them that we vote and they will face re-election.  Too few of us make an effort to voice our disdain for "change" that goes against our core beliefs.  If we don't like it, it is our responsibility to foster change.  Left to their own devices, republicans and democrats alike will continue to make their decisions based on greed and self-preservation regardless of what it costs their fellow Americans or this nation and its rightful place as a super-power in the world.  Our brave service men and women did not sacrifice their lives for the U.S. to become a third world nation. 

I admit I have been guilty of making the aforementioned comparison, and was wrong to do so.  When we stoop to using historic atrocities to generically compare our disapproval for current leaders or situations, we miss the point.  We do, however, need to identify specific issues that have, are and likely will contribute to the demise of society, freedoms, morality and the future of this country.  I am equally disgusted with both sides of the political coin for the simple fact that both sides are dominated by greed and their own agendas.  It seems that the improvement of the nation has taken a back seat to doing favors for lobbying groups and trying to promote personal agendas.  Common sense and decency are on the verge of extinction in Washington. 

That's my soapbox rant for the day. 

Totally agree. I think this is how I was wanting to put it but couldn't find the train of thought.