turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Surprise!

Started by guesswho, December 18, 2011, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

No, it's not another one of my off the medication threads.

When I kill a turkey very little goes to waste.   All the wing, breast and tail feathers go to an older gentleman in Florida who happens to be full blood Cherokee.  He's involved with the youth through cub scouts and at his church.  He makes things out of the feathers I give to him.  Some he gives as rewards in the cub scouts and some he just gives away to kids at church.  

His eye sight and health isn't what it used to be but he is still is a very giving person.  I've been giving him all the feathers from birds I've killed for about five years now.   He goes to church with my Mom and Dad.  He knew last week that they were headed up this way and got them to bring  something he made for me.    He said it's a dream-catcher, I'm going to have to do a little research on that one.    I had no idea he was doing this and really didn't expect anything in return for the feathers, but I'm glad he made this for me.  I know you can probably buy fancier looking ones that are factory made, but I think he did an excellent job on this one especially considering he's nearly blind.   I'll have to straighten out a few feathers that got out of shape from transporting it.   Anyway here's the dreamcatcher he made for me.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

That's awsome Ronnie!
What a special gift. :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

thats cool sounds like a good guy.

Crappiepro

Quote from: turkey slayer on December 18, 2011, 04:39:15 PM
thats cool sounds like a good guy.
Sounds like a really good guy! People like that are hard to find!

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Muskie03

Recieving that would put a smile on my face. Chalk that one up to karma......
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Hognutz

How cool is that? What a great Christmas present.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

renegade19

handcannon

That's awesome! I'd be proud to display it.

mossy835

Yes you could buy one in the store but this is hand made by a friend that knows what a dream catcher really is, you have been honored by this gentleman, congratulations!!

guesswho

I did a quick search on a Dreamcatcher.  Pretty cool deal.

The twine in the center represents webbing like that of a spider web.  The webbing catches dreams and holds bad dreams in the web where they disappear with the light of day.  Good dreams are allowed to pass through and they slide down the feathers to the sleeping person. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

gob09

that is pretty awesome it is likely a high honor to recieve something like that
congrats on a really nice christmas gift

Flydown

That's a special gift right there!  :you_rock: :you_rock:

CASH

That's really cool Ronnie
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Eric Gregg