OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos The Truth 23 is out - Smokin!!

Started by Gamblinman, December 16, 2011, 07:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamblinman

I viewed Primo's newest turkey hunting DVD last night and it's well improved over the past several years. Looks like they listened to the hunters and slowed the advertising down and got back to some old school hunting. I still miss Willbur and Troy, but some very good hunts none the less.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Eric Gregg

Ruger M77

Primos hunting videos are by far my favorite they just seem alot more real than the other big name guys. No fancy edits or dramatic safety clicks ha ha cant stand stand that. I have a HS strut video that on the one hunt you can actually see the dead turkey in the back ground while they're getting a fancy shot of the hunter aiming at the turkey that he already shot and has laying behind him
I eat therefore I hunt

Gamblinman

Troy is no longer with Primo's. Last I saw, Troy had ventured out with several others on a new endeavor.

Yes, lots of decoy action, and some blind action, but they're not pushing it to sell it, just using it as another tool.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

FireDoc

Are there no hunts with Will on tape? Your comment sounds like that. I sure hope that's not the case.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Eric Gregg

I like the Primos tapes myself. Hate to see that Troy is no longer with em.
They do a great job and the hunts look like the real deal. I watched Will miss a gobbler at no more than 20 steps. You could see the wad go by the bird's head.
If I had to team up with anyone on a hunt, and know that I would more than likely have a good time and learn something I would love to tag along with Mr. Primos. He has done a lot for the sport.

870BkWht

I miss the days when Ron Jolly and Cuz Strickland were with Primos.  Those were the days.  Those 2 guys are some jokers.  I also like the Harold Knight and David Hale in the earlier videos.

Cove

I hope it's much much better than last years. I said after last year that was the last time I was spending my $$ on their DVDs. As far as Knight and Hale. . . while they may be good dudes with good roots their videos have always been cheesy and fake.

buck_hunter21

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Truth.  :you_rock:
Spill Blood

stinkpickle

I hope it's better than last year's.  It seems that everything on the DVD ended up on the TV show anyway.

gobbler74

Quote from: 870BkWht on December 17, 2011, 07:47:30 PM
I miss the days when Ron Jolly and Cuz Strickland were with Primos.  Those were the days.  Those 2 guys are some jokers.  I also like the Harold Knight and David Hale in the earlier videos.

I miss the cuz days myself..Good guy.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

stinkpickle

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on December 20, 2011, 11:43:13 AM
Quote from: Gamblinman on December 16, 2011, 07:06:57 AM
I viewed Primo's newest turkey hunting DVD last night and it's well improved over the past several years.
Gman

Where did you get it from or find it at?

The latest email from Midwest Turkey Call Supply says they have it, but the link shows otherwise...

http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/newsletter/20111216.html?mailid=121611

Gus_13

Good DVDs and great guys.  One of my buddies is on the camera for them.  He was in the last Turkey video.
Strut. Gobble. Die.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on December 20, 2011, 11:58:49 AM

I couldn't buy it from the link, but if you go to the site and then select the dvd's section, it will let you add it to the cart.....

I have a copy on the way.....

Which page in their DVD section?  I only see Truth 22 on the second page.

ccleroy

I still love watching my old K&H
, Primos and Guardian of the Legacy tapes......all the originals full of old high box top hats, old school camo, minimum use of decoys and no fluff and advertising......great videos.