turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South West Nebraska Would You Go?

Started by agturkey, December 15, 2011, 11:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Would you go to South West Nebraska the last week of the NE season in the spring?  I am looking at taking the trip but do not want to get into a mess with it being the end of the season...anyone like or dislike this time of year there...looking at sometime around last weekend of the season.

dirt road ninja

If you are hunting heavily pressured ground I'd try for early in the season. If the ground has very little pressure I'd go. I've never turkey hunted that part of the country, but here in the S.E. the latter in season the better the hunting on low pressure ground. IMO

neal

The best gobblers I've killed have been at the end of the season. That being said my question is this public, private or a guided hunt?
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

agturkey

It is a private land suppose to be real good on pressure control.

drenalinld

I have done well in South central NE and North central KS on a couple trips the last weekend of season. I would go.

Spring Creek Calls

I would take a trip to that part of the country anytime during turkey season. There is no bad time to hunt turkeys. It may be rather warm that time of the year.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

VanHelden Game Calls

I would go.  I question the pressure because I have been out there 2 times bowhunting NW part.

You are a long ways from any large population center and I have never seen pressure out there. 

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

MY

If its private ground without a lot of pressure and it has trees and water I'd 100% go.

hwy419

I'd like to do this, looking for someone to split the diesel with me... lol NW Nebraska has Merriams, and I've always wanted to hunt them... Any reason you're looking to go to SW Nebraska specifically?