OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple hunts this season

Started by Bonjour, December 14, 2011, 11:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonjour

I didn't get out nearly as much as I would have liked this year, but I did good when I went. The first pic is from the weekend before thanksgiving which we shot a 3 man limit of mallards and green wing teal by 8 AM. The second is from a field hunt thanksgiving morning. This was one of the best field hunts that I have been on. It started 2 minutes before shooting time with a flock of about 30 mallards hovering 3 feet above my blind. They decided to keep circling and when someone said shooting time, we gave them a couple calls and the fun began. We had flock after flock of mallards coming in for the next hour and when we shot our 7 man limit of ducks, the geese decided to join in the fun. After about 5 flocks of geese coming in, we had our limit of geese. We sat back for the next 20 minutes and watched another 1000 geese come out and circle us along with about 300 more mallards. It was fun to just sit back and watch the birds pour in and thankfully they decided to land in the next field over so we didn't have to spook them off when we picked up. We ended the day with 28 mallards and 21 geese. What a day. That's me on the left.

drenalinld

misfire

Holy cow!!!! What I wouldnt give to see something like that. Congrats
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

savduck

Georgia Boy

ghillie

Dang nice there Ryan!!!  The geese are just now starting to arrive in large numbers down here by Iowa City...we should get together and smack a few!!

Bonjour

I would love to Ghillie. We are getting a ton of birds in Cedar Falls again also. Might be going out on Sunday, but not sure. Give me a shout sometime and we'll get something planned.

turkey slayer